Harbor freight chain saw sharpner

/ Harbor freight chain saw sharpner #1  

okie350

Silver Member
Tractor
L3010 & BX2200
Does anyone have ay experince with one? I bought one but am a little leary of ruining a chain rather than sharping it.:rolleyes:

/ Harbor freight chain saw sharpner #2  
I use one for two years. Works fairly well, I didn't touch a file since I got it. I sharpen my regular cross cutting chain with it and also ripping chain.
I used the HF wheel for a while, but recently got a new grinding wheel from Baileys. They say - Baileys - that it is a higher quality wheel and it seems to be, but the HF one sharpened well too.

/ Harbor freight chain saw sharpner #3  
Got one. Works fine.

/ Harbor freight chain saw sharpner #4  
I've had one for several years and serves me well. When I first got it I did some tweaking on it. Mostly with the link stop to help insure consistent indexing. Also checked the protractor to insure degree marks were same for both left and right setting.

It's a long way from being a top model but sure beats the heck out of trying to to it by hand.

After sharpening, chain cuts very well, nice slices of wood coming off, not course saw-dust.

/ Harbor freight chain saw sharpner #5  
Yes, I have one, much handier than any other sharpening approach I have tried. This topic has been covered before, in some detail, on TBN. Try a search and see if you can find that thread.