Harbor Freight motor cycle lift

/ Harbor Freight motor cycle lift #1  

Code54

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota MX5100, Kubota BX25D,1957 Farmall Cub Lo-Boy Kubota KX91-3, BCS 853
I recently purchased a dirt bike and am going to mod it some and we are still looking at trials bikes so I was kicking around getting an inexpensive motorcycle lift. Also thought it would be great for working on the mower decks, and misc eqpt. Noticed one at harbor freight for $299 on the super coupon and it does not look to bad. From what I saw on the net it is rated pretty decent but was wondering if anyone has one or used one and what you thought?

/ Harbor Freight motor cycle lift #2  
I have one here, I've had it a couple years now. I'd say it's pretty good, not the best but it does work and it is worth the $300 it cost, when you look at what the "other" brands cost...

SR

/ Harbor Freight motor cycle lift #3  
I've had mine several years, and had several 900lb Harley touring bikes on it. I bought the HF ride-in wheel chock and mounted it on the lift - HUGE improvement. Motorcycle Wheel Chock

/ Harbor Freight motor cycle lift
Thanks SR - for the money it does look pretty decent. Better than working on the floor is what I was thinking! LOL

/ Harbor Freight motor cycle lift #5  
A stand that supports the skidplate is much cheaper, and unlike the full stand, supports the bike when you remove its wheels. I built something like this: Tusk Aluminum MX Stand | Dirt Bike | Rocky Mountain ATV/MC years ago. There's also lift type stands where you stand on a lever to lift the bike up. I'm pretty light but have no problem lifting a dirt bike or especially a trials bike onto my stand.

The HF lift is really popular and a good deal when on sale or with coupon but everyone says it needs a better wheel chock. It gets the bike up higher where it's easier to work on while standing.

/ Harbor Freight motor cycle lift #7  
HF has at least three motorcycle lift styles, and often several numbers for each style. It gets confusing when just "HF lift" is mentioned.

HFmclift.jpg

Bruce

/ Harbor Freight motor cycle lift #8  
I've had my harbor freight lift for 7 years. My Harley has been on it a ton and it also makes a decent adjustable work bench when it's not. The thing is a beast. As teachu2 said, get the drive in chock. The one they give you is a piece of crap. Don't forget to use the 20 percent off coupon on top of it and it will be around $240.

/ Harbor Freight motor cycle lift
Thanks! I think I am going to run by and take a look at them this week. I have a both a 1500lbs lift (jack) as well as a one of those lift the bike and sit it on it stands to complement a lift table. As someone suggested that is a good idea to have the best of both worlds.
Thank you all for your thoughts/reviews and ideas!

/ Harbor Freight motor cycle lift #10  
They have raised the prices on the "lifts" (and many other things) around here now, so the cheapest way to buy one is with a "Super Coupon" and you can't use any other discount coupon WITH a super coupon.

SR