Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #14,391  
Haven't gotten anything from HF lately until last Friday that is. Bought a Chief 4 1/2" air angle grinder. Very well constructed and made in Taiwan, not china. Only comparable is the IR air grinder for 250 bucks (MSC). The HF Chief was 89 bucks, fantastic price. Looking forward to putting it through it's paces. I go through electric angle grinders pretty fast. The one tool I can find the smoke in.

No smoke in this one, just compressed air. It's rear exhaust, 12,000 rpm with 4CFM air consumption at 90 psi.

Like O said, very well built. Composite handle with a polished aluminum gear case all held together with Allen head screws, external snap rings and a nice front mount spindle lock.
I have a couple of the Chief air tools, very impressed with them and appear well built.

Really like that the cutoff tool is reversible.

The extended angle grinder is on my list, too bad they got rid of the 20% off coupons.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #14,392  
Compared to the alternative (Ingersol Rand) at almost 2 times the price, they are a very good bargain. The 4.5" angle grinder is almost the mirror image of the IR tool.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #14,393  
I had an emergency and had to get a pump to move diesel.

HF only had 1 12 volt pump in stock.

it was $120?

It has a gas pump handle and empties a 5 gal can in less than 1 minute.

so far, so good

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #14,394  
THe trucks for the US military had 230. Canadian trucks had the 251. Mine had a 230, but I'm in the process of swapping in a freshly rebuilt 251.
I've got a 1951 Chrysler Imperial with Chrysler's first Hemi engine. I was going to use the chassis and build a Chrysler K-310 body, from scratch, for it. I've gotten a bit too old to go beating on metal any more so that's a dream unfulfilled.

It would have made a great "chick magnet". :ROFLMAO:

Here's what the 1951 Chrysler K-310 looked like.

View attachment 701958

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #14,395  
   / Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #14,396  
I tried to find...HF tools that suck thread but as usual, i can't.

i'm inept. If someone knows how, they can move this or delete it.

I built a little water supply manifold. Pex to the house and garage and a couple hose connections just in case.

I bought 2 water hose supply splitters. One was a 2 way and the other was a 4 way, about $10 and $15. They were made of metal, not sure what kind, painted a copper color.

I wanted something a little stronger than the green plastic ones. I have probably 150 psi on a 2 inch county water supply. Code calls for a pressure reducer which is already installed on the supplies to the house and garage.

When I tried to unscrew a hose, the guts of the splitter came apart instead and holy moly, you wanna see something, I was making rainbows! Both the 2 way and 4 way did the same thing.

When I installed the supply i put in a big plastic 1/4 turn shut off valve. That saved a panic 1/2 mile run to the meter.

I tried to reassemble but when you tighten everything up, the valve becomes too tight to turn.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #14,397  
DO SUCK thread: Harbor Freight Tools that DO SUCK II

When searching for a thread, less is more. I searched for the unique word "suck" and selected "titles only" and it was the first on the results list.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #14,398  
   / Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #14,399  
I've got a 1951 Chrysler Imperial with Chrysler's first Hemi engine. I was going to use the chassis and build a Chrysler K-310 body, from scratch, for it. I've gotten a bit too old to go beating on metal any more so that's a dream unfulfilled.

It would have made a great "chick magnet". :ROFLMAO:

Here's what the 1951 Chrysler K-310 looked like.

View attachment 701958

Your photo shows up as a link which says "view attachment 701958". When I click on the link, I get the message "Couldn't find that - You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action."

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #14,400  
I tried to find...HF tools that suck thread but as usual, i can't.
To tell you the truth, I never saw the point of two separate threads. Plenty of people just post the "do suck" stuff here anyway.

I come here first when I want feedback on HF products, good or bad.