Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #14,532  
I have a 20-year-old craftsman floor model drill press. The table not being perpendicular to the spindle tormented me. I turned it into a tabletop model I dug up my old tram bar from machinist days long gone and adjusted it so I could drill straight holes. I works great now after 19 years of hating it.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck
#14,533  
1636735330447.png

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #14,534  
Wow the supply-chain problems must have bit HF hard. For the Titanium Flux125 welder:
In-store ONLY Available Online by Jun. 10

Please visit any store to order for Free Pickup.

Find a Store [The usual list of stores with stock, isn't shown]
IOW - not available before next summer.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #14,535  
Just purchased the Doyle Rivnut setting tool I give it an A+ only issue is it comes with a limited supply of Rivnuts and HF don't sell replacements.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #14,536  
Go back and buy the the 3 year exchange warranty!!! Half the posts I've seen about that welder said it failed after a while and they got a no-hassle exchange as soon as they walked in.

That said, I'm seriously considering getting one. (and the warranty!) The convenience of a 15 lb welder you can plug in anywhere would be a big improvement over the 240 volt mig I have that's a nuisance to roll out for a project. But I don't weld often enough to justify two wire welders and the big AC stick welder too.

But I'm tempted ...
I bought the titanium 170 a month ago and quite happy with it but I ended up buying Miller flux wire

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #14,537  
Just purchased the Doyle Rivnut setting tool I give it an A+ only issue is it comes with a limited supply of Rivnuts and HF don't sell replacements.

i have the HF rivnut tool also. For occasional use that I need it for, it is a good value and works.

I found extra rivnuts on fleaBay.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #14,538  
Does anyone who depends on tools everyday all day long shop at Harbor Freight?

jmf
I have a friend who’s a welder. He buys the HF angle grinders. He says they last half as long as the Milwaukee brand, but they cost only 25% of the better brand, so he’s ahead.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #14,539  
I have a friend who’s a welder. He buys the HF angle grinders. He says they last half as long as the Milwaukee brand, but they cost only 25% of the better brand, so he’s ahead.
Had a job where former boss bought the cheap Chicago electric 4.5" ones. used everyday, lasted a month or less mostly due to the gearcase stripping or exploding (have a bevel, spiral gear setup like most) he kept exchanging them unfortunately. Paying someone hourly to run to HF isn't the best use of time IMO, in comparison I own pretty beat up dewalt, makita and milwaukee grinders in my shop only had to replace brushes occasionally. Granted the Chicago electric line is the cheapest of the cheap.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #14,540  
i have the HF rivnut tool also. For occasional use that I need it for, it is a good value and works.

I found extra rivnuts on fleaBay.
I'll check that out today. Amazon has them as well but the quality is always suspect. Wish I had bought one years ago. My only issue with it is, it don't come with a drill size chart for the pilot holes but I have one of those continuous step drills I use for the holes and it fits nicely in the case.