Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #14,811  
Yeah, it's pretty sad when us "hoarders" look like the only SANE people :unsure: ... Steve

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #14,812  
Just bought the compactor for $80 off with FB coupon yesterday.
I did a section in the building this morning and was impressed. First time I was able to roll around my 32T splitter without digging trenches with the highway tires. Very happy if it holds up.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #14,813  
I can confirm NOT. Had a container on a ship off Tacoma Washington - the fastest moving port on the west coast I was told - and it took 2+ weeks to get a berth, then another 2 weeks to clear customs. At origin, it took 4 weeks to get the container on the ship. Sea transport was 3 weeks - pretty normal.

Now my goods are on a truck headed to the east coast. They should arrive any day now... all in, over 16 weeks to move goods that used to take 4 weeks.

Also, the chip manufacturing issues are still chronic. We are still struggling to get the chips we need. We have been offered parts at $125 each (parts that used to cost $4 each). We bought at $25 each to keep things moving since all our $4 blanket orders that go out 2 years are being delayed..

Its a great time to try to supply a product...
Where is all this heavy east-west truck traffic on I-40 going and what are they shipping? I-40 goes right to the southern CA ports and goes east. The truck traffic is now as heavy as I’ve ever seen it.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #14,814  
Where is all this heavy east-west truck traffic on I-40 going and what are they shipping? I-40 goes right to the southern CA ports and goes east. The truck traffic is now as heavy as I’ve ever seen it.
No, you're correct. There is massive amounts of freight moving into California and then all over the country. There are so many trucks on the road that rest areas and truck stops are filled to capacity and trucks are lined up on the sides of the off ramps taking mandatory down time. Some economy rate shipping is getting bumped to move high demand items but goods are flowing in huge quantity.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #14,815  
If you tried to get items from China in the last couple months, remember that a good portion, including Hong Kong, was back on Covid lockdown so items sat. Some items I'm waiting on, that were already late due to Covid, got pushed another 6 weeks because of them.

The chip situation is different and not a shipping problem.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #14,816  
In the "doesn't suck" vein:

The $120 concrete vibrator. Bought it for my pole barn build. Does a great job. The motor housing feels a bit cheap, but the rest of the tool is very solid, and it works great. Very happy with it.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #14,818  
Think they need some new navigators on that companies boats!

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #14,820  
They are, I should have been specific.
Funny how the news goes crazy on the owners and they get hit hard, but their captain is not running the boat is he, but still responsible.