Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #15,651  
I have one of those, too.
Then I went with an 8&1/4” worm drive and just cut them in 2 passes.
Yes, you have to flip the beam, but I liked the cut quality.
Yeah, to be honest I used my regular worm drive to cut the 6x6s because the kerf would have screwed me with this beam saw (needed 4 30" blocks and I had a 10'er).

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #15,652  

most of this is common sense, interesting HF employee comments on quality
I like the one idea, put an expensive item in your outbox and let it sit there for awhile.
HF sees that and apparently may send you a 25% off coupon (wish you were back stuff) soon thereafter to
motivate you to buy.
worth a try...
I do that with Amazon, sometimes it works, sometimes not. I have a 639.00 tree pusher in my cart for 2 weeks and nothing so far. Can’t use it until the spring so not a big deal if I have to pay full price!🌲🌲🌲

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #15,653  
I did buy the little greenhouse, easy purchase, did see their branding of pumps, never heard of that name

will report back when greenhouse built

Attachments

• IMG_2791[1].JPG
    IMG_2791[1].JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 70
   / Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #15,654  
I do that with Amazon, sometimes it works, sometimes not. I have a 639.00 tree pusher in my cart for 2 weeks and nothing so far. Can’t use it until the spring so not a big deal if I have to pay full price!🌲🌲🌲
Try https://www.camelcamelcamel.com/ for monitoring Amazon prices. See history of prices. Set an alert at any price you wish and get an email if met.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #15,655  
Try https://www.camelcamelcamel.com/ for monitoring Amazon prices. See history of prices. Set an alert at any price you wish and get an email if met.
Agree!!!

I've had uneven luck buying welding wire at Amazon that is apparently customer returns or shipping damage, but the price makes it attractive and returns are no-hassle. I'm cheap. A chunk chipped out of the side of the spool for example, won't affect usability.

Here's something scheduled to arrive here tomorrow. I paid $10.97. I would have paid $21.99 (price today, I just checked) - if I ordered at full price when starting a project, instead of waiting for a camelcamelcamel deal to come along.

Copied from their email:

3rd Party Used Price History​

Amazon price history chart for INETUB BA71TGS .030-Inch on 2-Pound Spool Carbon Steel Gasless Flux Cored Welding Wire

INETUB BA71TGS .030-Inch on 2-Pound Spool Carbon Steel Gasless Flux Cored Welding Wire

$10.97 Prime

Price when tracked (Apr 02, 2023, PDT):
$14.98
Desired price:
$12.50

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #15,656  
I did buy the little greenhouse, easy purchase, did see their branding of pumps, never heard of that name

will report back when greenhouse built
I’ve been eyeing that greenhouse, but haven’t been able to figure out how to anchor it to keep the wind from blowing it. The material looks lightweight. Please post back after you get it built with any ideas for anchoring and reinforcing it.

Last edited:
   / Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #15,657  
My 8750 Predator inverter generator let me down. The company that makes it uses a LiFePO4 battery that just isn't right for a generator in cold weather. I think it didn't have the voltage needed to open the fuel cutoff solenoid so it wouldn't start. Neither pull starting or with the battery (that quickly died). I ended up jump starting it. I've since removed the solenoid and will replace the battery with a lead acid battery once I have the time to make a battery box.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #15,658  
What id do is build a raised garden bed slightly smaller than green house specs allowing a walkway in between beds build the greenhouse on top of and along sides of wooden garden bed probably 2-3 separate ones each side and back wall? figuring out how you want to secure it to the garden bed and enjoy not growing vegetables on your hands and knees all summer with a pretty stable and secure greenhouse? IMHO even some cheaply built Chinese junk can be made pretty useful and durable with a little ingenuity.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #15,659  

Thanks so much for the tip. I found the next size pusher for 699.00 which is 100.00 off, going to purchase that one thanks to you. I owe you bro!☮️✌🏻

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #15,660  
I was amazed at the diminished performance of the lithium in cold weather. I installed one in my sxs last summer and it worked great in the warm weather but once it got cold it would almost nothing till about the 3rd try or after turning the headlights on for a minute or two. Then when it got real cold I had/have to use my jump box for the first start and sometimes after a long period of being off. My jump box is an older gell type lead acid, larger and heavier booster pak.