Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #412  
Actually that is not the experience at my store in Fort Smith, Arkansas. the items are on the shelves where you can find them, if they are not you can grab one of the people working on the floor and they will look in the back where there storage is. When I bought my band saw they had been on sale. I had them go get me one in a box from the back and when it rang up it was more money than I expected. The sale price had went off the weekend before I got there on monday. I asked for the manager and he went to look at the one on display (it still had the sale price on it) He went back to the cash register changed the price to match what was on the display and gave it to me at the reduced price. As we all know any store is only as good as its employees and they are a pretty direct reflection on the manaager. I have never had any problems in our store and they have always been very helpful when I needed anything.
I had recently mentioned my concerns that the HF store in Lexington, KY had a lot of bare shelves on my last visit. Well, that was not the case today at all. But then who knows, they are getting ready for a three day sidewalk sale starting tomorrow.

Regardless, this store also has good people working there. I had made the hour and a half trip a week or so ago to get a rain check on a plate compactor. Last weekend I had made a few calls to see if any compactors came in. I was told that one did but it was still on the truck. I asked if they would put my name on it and hold it for me. Indeed they did just that. I picked it up today, brought it home, checked it over and put it to work.

I had decided that renting one was not an option due to time constraints as I work on our horse barn aisle and stall floors. After using it for a couple of hours, I figure it was worth my efforts.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #413  
Did you get a good price on the compactor?
The prices on the compactor have been going up by the hundreds.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #414  
Did you get a good price on the compactor?
The prices on the compactor have been going up by the hundreds.
It was marked down a hundred bucks to 599.99.

Last time I checked, I could rent one for 165 per week but the trouble is, my barn work is going to be stretched out over a period of time so for convenience, the investment is worth it.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #415  
About 4 or 5 years ago, I bought some harbor freight car dollies like these:

Harbor Freight Tools - Quality Tools at the Lowest Prices

I bought them for a specific project that I had to roll in & out of my garage while working on it over the winter months. I find that I use them about once a month or 2. They are very nice for moving most things heavy. I typically have a project or 2 going on in my garage at any given time. It's nice to keep that project on wheels to roll it out of the way when I have to work on something else (oil changes, tire rotation, etc). Currently, I have my snow plow on 2 of them, and had my pallet jack/forks on another.

I cut some plywood and screwed some blocks to the plywood that give me a nice flat surface on the top of the dolly. This way, I can easily put jack stands on the dolly when I need to.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #416  
I bought a pair of those dollies too. They were on sale for $40 and I decided I couldn't buy 8 cast iron casters in that size for the price.

Used the casters to make a couple of attachment dollies and threw the rest of the car dollies on the scrap pile. Wish I'd bought two pairs while they were on sale.

Attachments

• 100_0237 B.JPG
    100_0237 B.JPG
    288.6 KB · Views: 404
  • 100_0239 B.JPG
    100_0239 B.JPG
    234.5 KB · Views: 456
   / Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #417  
Question, if I bought a vacuum from HF that didn't suck, which thread would I post it on?

I might be up all night thinking this one through....:D

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #419  
Hey, I just bought a 3 ton hydraulic car jack to help split my tractor.
It is great (I have 2 of them).
One is about 8 years or older, the new one is much nicer. It was on sale for 72 bucks!
About their cheapo angle grinders ...
I've had the same one for 3-1/2 years now and it's never failed. lol ... I'll bet I've ground and wire brushed a thousand pounds of steel with it already.
The 2 tabs on the back end finally broke and I made little metal clips to hold the 2 halves together. It's as good as new again. I have a Ryobi angle grinder that is weak in comparison.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #420  
Harbor Freight tools that don't suck.

This should be a short list.