Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #8,961  
Those and the lights. I'm always looking for a darn flashlight it seems.

Several years ago I took 30 of those little cylindrical flashlights to give away,.... on a trip to Cuba.

Last edited:
   / Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #8,962  
The reels are nice. Before the discount versions came out at places like HF the price was just too high so I use spare steel wheels. Often you can go to a junk yard and find one that's a little damaged so it can't be used on a car. They work great for everything from air hoses to electrical cables. Back when I had my tombstone welder that was too heavy to move around I had over 100' of cable for it and chrome wheel mounted to the wall next to it to wrap the cables around when not in use.

I bought a HF one that was on clearance because it was missing the handle to turn it, and once I got tired of just turning it by grabbing the rim, [and SWMBO complained] I used the side handle from a [dead] HF angle grinder to replace the missing OEM one....

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #8,963  
The air hose reel I bought is the spring loaded retractable type. No hand reeling required.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #8,964  
I recently counted and I have 17 of those free magnetic strips. I took a short piece of 1x2 and screwed the magnetic strip to it, then drilled a bunch of 1/2" holes through it. It snaps right to the side of my HF compressor and holds chucks and blow guns.View attachment 550334

Gotta do something like that as I always am looking for the blow guns, inflators etc etc.
Good post and good reminder.

One thing that helps is that I add a 'whip' (like 12 -24" on each inflator)

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #8,965  
......I suspect it would have been more obvious this was re-taped if it were next to a new one. I think I'll write DAMAGED HOSE on the box before I return it....

The air hose reel I bought is the spring loaded retractable type. No hand reeling required.

Just make sure that you do it after you show it to them, or they're going to say that you should have known it was damaged....

I have had too much trouble with the retraction springs on any such [hose, cord, etc] failing to go that route again.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #8,966  
On the small freebee flashlights, I must a dozen of them and for whatever reason, I think all of them still work. And while other pricier flashlights I have died, the HF cheapies keep on going and in some cases are my preferred flashlight. They fit in my coat pocket, are easy on batteries and when I drop one they just keep working. Beats me.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #8,967  
Well FUDGE! The hose reel I bought had been sold and returned. It was packed back nice enough but they had rounded off the wrench hex on the hose and returned it with a coupler that was leaking. I called myself leak testing it before I mounted it to the ceiling but somehow over looked that. I thought it was strange that it came with a coupler installed. Now to man handle this thing back down and return it. Pisses me off they said they had a dozen in stock when I called today but this was the only one on the shelf when I was at the store. I suspect it would have been more obvious this was re-taped if it were next to a new one. I think I'll write DAMAGED HOSE on the box before I return it.

Just make sure that you do it after you show it to them, or they're going to say that you should have known it was damaged....

I have had too much trouble with the retraction springs on any such [hose, cord, etc] failing to go that route again.

On second thought I may just put a BH in a spot on the box where it's not obvious then explain to them it was damaged and should not be resold. Then if it's convenient I may go back in later to see if they put it back on the shelf. Sneaky Huh?

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #8,968  
On second thought I may just put a BH in a spot on the box where it's not obvious then explain to them it was damaged and should not be resold. Then if it's convenient I may go back in later to see if they put it back on the shelf. Sneaky Huh?

Hehehehe! :laughing::cool:

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #8,969  
Hehehehe! :laughing::cool:
I bought one of those reels at a black Friday sale at least 10-15 years ago. The hose had to be replaced a couple of years ago but no other problems with it.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #8,970  
I bought one of those reels at a black Friday sale at least 10-15 years ago. The hose had to be replaced a couple of years ago but no other problems with it.

I actually took the supplied stanky [and BTW very stiff and hard to use in colder temps] HF rubber hose off of mine and replaced it with a softer, more cold-friendly one I got on clearance from TSC- SWMBO loves to use it now.