Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #9,081  
2V Max Lithium 1/2 in. Cordless Xtreme Torque Impact Wrench Kit

While I did not leave last night with any of the 40 volt tools I did bring the above home and hope to play with it tonight. With the discounts it was only about $50 more than their 1/2" Bauer with well less than half of the torque bolt breakaway (whatever that means in the real world) rating. The two year extended in store replacement if it fails cost about $40 and on this one on I went for it since I may not get to push it hard in the covered 90 days period.

We may move to the Bauer line of 20 volt lithium for other power tools instead of the Kobalt from Lowes which has been fine until time to replace batteries and chargers. Not sure if there are other tools that will work with the Earthquake XT batteries but I would lean in that direction if there was.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #9,082  
I bought a welding blanket with 20% off to protect vehicle paint while welding. These any good? Haven't used it yet.

I like mine. They come in three sizes and I use the middle (6'X8'?) one. It protected things better than I think it should plus I have saved my painted floor on some welds that are low to the ground. I'm about to get a little one (4'x6'?) to put on the floor in front of the heater I have that would otherwise damage the floor. With a coupon and on sale, they are a good buy and work like they should. Nothing wrong with them.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #9,083  
Anyone have the hardwood workbench? I've seen a few reviews and it seams good. I'm looking for something for the wife for doing small projects on that she can mount a magnifying glass on. It's not going to see much weight but I would like to mount casters to the bottom so she can roll it around. The vise wouldn't be used. I'm just looking for something nicer than a folding table. I would most likely fill in the holes on the top for the pegs.

93454_I.jpg

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck
#9,084  
Anyone have the hardwood workbench? I've seen a few reviews and it seams good. I'm looking for something for the wife for doing small projects on that she can mount a magnifying glass on. It's not going to see much weight but I would like to mount casters to the bottom so she can roll it around. The vise wouldn't be used. I'm just looking for something nicer than a folding table. I would most likely fill in the holes on the top for the pegs.
I have the metal one and really like it. Once you tighten all the bolts it is surprisingly sturdy. Even has a light and pegboard back. 48 In. Workbench with Light

Last edited:
   / Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #9,085  
The wooden bench will probably be fine for your mentioned use. The top is only about 3/4 inch thick, with an edge board making it look thicker.

Bruce

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #9,086  
I bought a welding blanket with 20% off to protect vehicle paint while welding. These any good? Haven't used it yet.

I have 2 sizes of the welding blanket. They do what is needed but a molten chunk of metal will melt through it and then you get a section that is itchy like insulation. Fiberglass I assume. Once there's a hole they kinda start to deteriorate.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #9,087  
I like mine. They come in three sizes and I use the middle (6'X8'?) one. It protected things better than I think it should plus I have saved my painted floor on some welds that are low to the ground. I'm about to get a little one (4'x6'?) to put on the floor in front of the heater I have that would otherwise damage the floor. With a coupon and on sale, they are a good buy and work like they should. Nothing wrong with them.
Cool. Thanks.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #9,088  
I have 2 sizes of the welding blanket. They do what is needed but a molten chunk of metal will melt through it and then you get a section that is itchy like insulation. Fiberglass I assume. Once there's a hole they kinda start to deteriorate.
Ok sounds good, I got it for protecting paint on a truck while welding sheet metal so hopefully no burn through.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #9,089  
Anyone with HF tool cabinets have a solution for this?

IMG_20180519_115136761.jpg

The little black plugs that hold the drawer lables in fall out and I have lost a few.

Any ingenious tricks to keep them from falling out but still be removable?
Substitute ideas for the ones I've lost?

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #9,090  
Hot-melt-glue a quarter inch nut where the missing little black plug was?