Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #9,941  
I attach the labels to short magnetic strips. Then if I reorganize/relocate items, I just have to move the magnetic strip. Works nice and does not ruin the paint job. I have even used the magnetic business cards, refrigerator magnets, etc I sometimes get. Label maker labels look nicer than hand written and you can also use different colored label tape to color code the broad type of item.

Ken

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #9,942  
Harbor a freight buddies... Help me please.

How can I combine and organize 10 lbs of crap (wrenches) into a 5 lb bag (tool box drawer)? I hate and despise this particular drawer in my toolbox.

I have wrenches in the drawer, hanging from shelves and sitting on shelves.

Metric, standard, ratchet of each, 0 degree offset of each, 13 degree offset of each, line wrenches of each, stubby wrenches of each and I'm sure a couple doubles off each. View attachment 575790View attachment 575791View attachment 575792

I had a similar problem for years and was equally frustrated. Finally, I picked the ones I used most frequently and kept those in the drawer. The ones that hadn't been used in a while, maybe even years, I put in a box on the shelf and got the clutter out of the way. Problem solved. If I ever need that obscure offset box wrench, likely never, I know where it is. May not work for you but it did for me.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #9,943  
I found a coupon for $169 it you watch you can get a little better coupon.
The 4 drawer was on sale for $99 this was a good deal but I liked the 5 drawer better.
Let's face it. It is a Snap On knock off for a fraction of the price. (both are made in China)
All ball bearing drawers it has a good feel to it very nice.

I wanted a blue one but I wanted a side shelf they only have red side shelf's so far so I bought a red one so the shelf would match.
This tool box gets great reviews.

I love the long storage on the side. I use some rivets to add magnetic tool holders to the lid those also came from HF.
I just roll this under the car when I am working on it. It has all my go to first tools. I like it better than my craftsman tool box.
20180722_183032.jpg
20180717_224308.jpg
This one is before I added magnetic tool holders to the lid.
20180717_224235.jpg

Last edited:
   / Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #9,944  
I've usually seen HF brag that they are opening on average 3 stores daily nationwide. When I was at my store a few days ago, the sign I saw said 'opening 2 stores daily ...'. So, either they're slowing down for some reason, or they're already everywhere and there isn't much room for as many new stores.

They have 900 stores total. Hard to believe they are opening another 600-900 a year.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #9,945  

Metric, standard, ratchet of each, 0 degree offset of each, 13 degree offset of each, line wrenches of each, stubby wrenches of each and I'm sure a couple doubles off each.
How about some of these? My daughter made me some out of old jeans. I have an SAE set, Metric set, Gearwrench...etc. The outside has what they are in marker. I can roll up the set I need and bring it anywhere with ease. This particular one you could hang from the wall. Yeah I know...this isn't the Sears thread though. :D

Welcome to Sears.com - Sears

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #9,946  
Does anyone have a recommendation for reasonably priced flare nut wrenches? How are the HF ones? I bought some cheap ones years ago and they were junk.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #9,947  
   / Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #9,948  
   / Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #9,949  
Harbor a freight buddies... Help me please.

How can I combine and organize 10 lbs of crap (wrenches) into a 5 lb bag (tool box drawer)? I hate and despise this particular drawer in my toolbox.

Metric, standard, ratchet of each, 0 degree offset of each, 13 degree offset of each, line wrenches of each, stubby wrenches of each and I'm sure a couple doubles off each. View attachment 575790View attachment 575791View attachment 575792
You use the skinny draws for wrenches, brah.

That's alot of tool box space used up, but that's why I bought another tool box!20181023_195501.jpeg20181023_195610.jpeg20181023_195618.jpeg20181023_195643.jpeg20181023_195624.jpeg

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #9,950  
Standard drawer. Missing some gear wrenches I used and didnt put up.20181023_195451.jpeg