Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #14,492  
The person who explained the scale was selling or had sold a product and said his products were #8. If the higher numbers had been the worst he wouldn't have said that.

Last edited:
   / Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #14,493  
They already are. These have been around for quite a few years. Not sure if the replacements are as good or not.
Huh. Shows how often I get to HF these days. :oops:
Since they discontinued the paper catalogs & coupons I guess I haven't kept up. I still get their emails, but the pictures don't always load.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #14,494  
I bought a new jig saw to replace my 30 year old Craftsman that was still working, but the screw to secure the blade was rounded out so bad that I could no longer tighten it enough. Or at least that was as good excuse as any...

After some comparison shopping of "big brands" I bought a 6.5 Bauer corded saw ($59.99), so far seems like a nice saw. Has laser guide which the others did not. All other features similar to much more expensive saws. I usually buy DeWalt but they seem to keep escalating their prices (Their 6.5 amp corded is $149.99 with no laser).

Since the new saw uses t-shank, I had to buy some blades as well. HF had a 30 piece set from Bauer ($14.99) that basically comes out to ~$0.50 per blade. Judging by the markings on the blades, they appear to be relabeled Bosch blades (assuming that the numbers are not universal).

I consider this a great deal for both the saw and the blades.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #14,495  
My daughter's boyfriend works on medium duty diesel trucks for a living. His 3/4" drive HF Earthquake impact blew apart while using it today.

Place a mark down in the suck category.
IMG_0431.jpg

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #14,496  
Wow, you were not exaggerating when you said it "blew apart"... it literally fragged!

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #14,497  
My daughter's boyfriend works on medium duty diesel trucks for a living. His 3/4" drive HF Earthquake impact blew apart while using it today.

Place a mark down in the suck category. View attachment 716858
Looks like the snout blew out. I hope he wasn't hurt.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #14,498  
Looks like the snout blew out. I hope he wasn't hurt.
He was removing lugs on the wheel of an international straight frame truck when it grenaded on him. No injury. He's going to buy an IR 621 to replace it, that 3/4" Earthquake was just over 3 months old.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #14,499  
He was removing lugs on the wheel of an international straight frame truck when it grenaded on him. No injury. He's going to buy an IR 621 to replace it, that 3/4" Earthquake was just over 3 months old.
I dunno... maybe he can get parts for it... 😆🤣😂

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #14,500  
I'm glad he's OK and hope he has better luck with the IR.