Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #14,503  
Since the coupons don't seem to be around anymore HF is just another store to me. At least around here their parking looks like many agree with me.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #14,504  
HF's Doyle brand of channellock pliers did exceptionally well in this test:
I'd be interested to hear from anyone who has tried them.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #14,507  
Buying any HF tool to use on a daily basis is always a risk.

It depends on what it is. The Pittsburg sockets and wrenches along with their US General tool chests are good. There are a lot of younger Pittsburgh fan guys/gals in my area in area making a decent living off their HF tools.

If I was working full time at a shop and they told me I had to BYOT, I wouldn't blink an eye to head for HF. Not to mention HF doesn't care what happened to their lifetime Pittsburg line of tools. I've seen some pretty rank stuff get swapped.

Worst I ever saw was someone used their 1" long-handle combo wrench with a 6 foot cheater pipe and it bent like a S. Had to been at least 1500+ ft lbs on that sucker. They said it took them several attempts before it ended up like that.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #14,508  
   / Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #14,509  
Coupons never really fully went away. There have been item specific coupons all along, but far less than before. The 'free item' and generic 20-25% ones have been gone for quite a while.

I keep finding reasons NOT to go there. The place that supplies tractor and pets has a no name tool section for things like wrenches and clamps. The king of rural stuff has a mix of name and no name stuff. I just picked up a few individual 10MM sockets for about $2 each and HF doesn't even carry them any more.

I'm redoing a room and needed a dolly or two. Their small one is too small and their big one is almost too big. I have a big one but would need a second one, but the price has gone up and there are no coupons without being in the club. I decided I could add a chunk of 2 x 4 on top of the small ones I have to do what I need.

One thing I really do like and will buy another pair of sometime in the future is the Pittsburg dual ratchets.

1/4 in. , 3/8 in. , 1/2 in. Dual Drive Ratchet Set, 2 Pc.