Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #15,001  
Keep in mind, I bought the Lynxx chainsaw and they have dropped it.
Now I can't even buy another battery for it. NOTHING else fits it.
After the 4th charge today, it made 2 cuts before it quit on me.
Don't expect it to last much longer.

Some have said the Litheli batteries work for some Lynxx stuff as a direct replacement, some others with a little filing. Needs researching, and I dont have anything but some posts here and there, but maybe something to look in to.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #15,002  
And a dog, a frustration-maker:
The red pistol-grip hose nozzle 92398.

I couldn't rotate the front from Jet to Rain. This isn't that old, maybe 3-4 years.

Had to put it in the shop vise, still couldn't rotate it using both hands.
Got out the HF rubber-strap wrench, the larger one. That moved it but didn't loosen it up. It's still too stiff to rotate by hand.

I'll have to dedicate this nozzle to watering flowerpots now that its stuck on Rain and use something else for washing the car.
Have you taken it apart yet? There is just 1 screw in the middle of the dial, it could be that the o-ring collapsed a bit and it's binding on the ports. I've had to do a couple of similar (not from HF nozzles).
There could be a spring loaded indent ball to hold it in position, they can be problematic as well, especially if they set over winter in hard water areas.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #15,003  
Now I can't even buy another battery for it. NOTHING else fits it
I found an as-new Remington pole saw at Goodwill for $10. Battery and charger NLA.

Its battery slid in on rails, to a power socket same as a 110v wall socket. So I made a power adapter to feed it using a Ryobi 18v battery in a Ryobi flashlight shell ($1, also Goodwill :) ). This mess actually fit in the Remington's battery area. But later I found it more convenient to carry the power supply externally in a carpenter's nail apron, this made the pole saw lighter.

The tool apparently had never been used. The chain was wicked sharp. Ugly, but a lot better than a manual pole saw! I did some good work with it.

I found this so handy that the following year I bought a Ryobi 18v pole saw. I don't recommend this, its not as good as I expected.

Hack power supply, and the description I posted in 2017.
20171120_181804rryobibat-polepruner-jpg.530029

This might be a solution for that orphan Lynxx. Or, there may be replica batteries on Ebay for several years.

Last edited:
   / Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #15,004  
Some have said the Litheli batteries work for some Lynxx stuff as a direct replacement, some others with a little filing. Needs researching, and I dont have anything but some posts here and there, but maybe something to look in to.
The Litheli batteries look the same but the connections are reversed.
+ - switched.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #15,005  
The Litheli batteries look the same but the connections are reversed.
+ - switched.
Dunno about that. Main thing people say is the Litheli batteries are too big to fit some tools, but that the power hookups are the same...

Very short example @8:25 (should start there)

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #15,006  
Dunno about that. Main thing people say is the Litheli batteries are too big to fit some tools, but that the power hookups are the same...

Very short example @8:25 (should start there)

In that case you should be able to switch out the batteries in battery case fairly easily.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #15,007  
What's everyone's experience with HF's $8 'Super Deluxe' 62470 hose nozzle? A good replacement for the broken pistol nozzle that I described above?

62470_I.jpg
I have had one for years and it has been great. It's currently misplaced, but it will be getting put back into use as soon as I can find it (or I may just replace it).

Aaron Z

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #15,008  
Now I can't even buy another battery for it. NOTHING else fits it.
After the 4th charge today, it made 2 cuts before it quit on me.
Don't expect it to last much longer.
LD, Yes that thought was/is in my mind; can never tell when HF is going to drop an item. But they were well stocked on Bauer tools and had multiples of batteries available. I'm going to run this for a while and if it seems to hold up well I'll add several batteries to the collection. Batteries were not that super expensive.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #15,009  
fun that this thread has continued for over 14 years.
Show the impact HF has on us all, the availability of lots of useful tools nearby.
And cheap enough we always seem to find something extra to walk out of there with.
Pretty sure most of us love tools.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #15,010  
seems John Deere thought everyone one has tiny hands to work on there 200 series lawn tractors, I do not. Quick hack to hold a screw on a screwdriver in hard to reach places most notably replacing the consumable points , use HF heat shrink, used to have a metal spring to hold screw but misplaced awhile back. Anyways worked better than grease, lanocote, or tape.

Attachments

• KIMG1009.JPG
    KIMG1009.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 97
  • KIMG1010.JPG
    KIMG1010.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 96