Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #15,141  
Imo one things for sure I noticed as cheaper Chinese tools increase in "quality" it's helping bring down and or stabilize the cost of tools associated with high quality brand name stuff. However no one I know searches Cl or auctions for hf tools and expects to pay top dollar for them.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #15,142  
easier to use then trying to find a helper when bleeding brakes, and it works pretty good 👍.
I should probably go get one. I have trouble getting a buddy to come help with that job. They always seem to be able to get ME to come help them whenever, though...

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #15,143  
Problem with them is, they don't work well with servo motor ABS brakes. You have to have the servo energized to allow fluid to flow freely so I just have someone in the vehicle with the ignition on, press and hold the brake pedal down.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #15,144  
<snip> However no one I know searches Cl or auctions for hf tools and expects to pay top dollar for them.
But I've seen lot's of CL ads for HF tools. Usually listed by their "better name" like General Tools or Pittsburg, for prices above what they are selling for at HF.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #15,145  
But I've seen lot's of CL ads for HF tools. Usually listed by their "better name" like General Tools or Pittsburg, for prices above what they are selling for at HF.
I don't understand why anyone posts a Craigslist ad like that, for HF tools. Any potential customer will know what its worth.

I found the same thing on Amazon when I was looking for a jigsaw. A Ryobi (Home Depot trademark) offered at 60% over HD's price when there were others listed at a small % over - reasonable for someone with free Prime shipping. I posted a review pointing this out and got a nasty response from the seller and several others who may have been the seller's sock-puppets. But a month later his price matched everyone else.

Also on CL - there are always Lincoln 225-AC Tombstones, as-new, offered for 3x the price of an older identical one. These are indestructible, buying used isn't a risk. Apparently offered by people who paid too much at HD ($450) then realized a modern welder is more versatile and practical. If you really want a 225A AC transformer welder there are CL listings under $100 with the same capabilities. With a little research you can buy more capability for less $.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #15,146  
Problem with them is, they don't work well with servo motor ABS brakes. You have to have the servo energized to allow fluid to flow freely so I just have someone in the vehicle with the ignition on, press and hold the brake pedal down.
Fortunately for me most things I do brakes on is old and well broken in.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #15,147  
Yes I've seen that also. Quick experience I had, I was looking for a 7" polisher lady was selling a used working variable speed Makita for around $20 and a brand new in the box hf 7" Chicago electric one for around $100 obviously I bought the Makita, when I brought the price up to her she said her husband recently passed and was trying to liquidate his stuff pretty sure she didn't know what the stuff was worth and put a price on the hf one using comps from quality brand name polishers. I gave her $40 for the Makita and I replaced the power chord that was chewed up.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #15,148  
What someone asks for something they are privately selling and what they actually get for it are two different things imo.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #15,149  
I own a fully restored South Bend 3 foot benchtop lathe with collet closer and quick change gearbox I never use, a SB cabinet shaper that I also never use, A LeBlond Servo Shift tool room lathe with a 6 foot bed and a pristine Kalamazoo Built Atlas floor lathe, completely tooled (even have the taper attachment, quick change gearbox, 4 jaw, 3 jaw, 6 jaw chucks, face plates, dog plates, live centers, all sorts of tooling and I use it as well as the LeBlond all the time. I also have two Bridgeport mills, one a Series 1 and the other a CNC Versa Trak. When I pass, my wife is gonna have one heck of a sale.
That is an Excellent set of machining Tools. Had to look up Servo Shift
The Bridgeports and LeBlond are keepers. Were there two qualities or different manufacturers of Atlas lathes and Kalamazoo was the quality Original?

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #15,150  
Anyone use this 16g finish nailer? I'm thinking of getting one for my son so I can have my Porter Cable nailer back...lol. I'm waiting on a 20% off coupon, I missed one last week I think.