Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #15,511  
Built a fixture for my surface grinder to sharpen disc mower knives.
Yeah, thought about building a jig yesterday but decided just to see how it went mostly testing the grinder. I’ll absolutely set up a jig for the next round.
I buy new knives from Shoup btw.
Yeah, if it doesn’t come from Shoup, Messicks, or AgZaga it’s probably not going on my tractor.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #15,512  
I have multiple dewalt 18 volt nicad battery powered hammer drills when I used to do stuff to make cash with them, one still works sort of. Waiting on DeWalt promotion for 18 volt tool trade in promotion for more 20volt upgrades. Most of my infrequently older 18 volt dewalts found a retirement home in my cabins shop lol. If Bauer stuff works when it's needed all the time every time at a non commercial level and I wasn't bleeding black and yellow I'd be sold they do have quite the assortment of tools for there batteries. 5 yrs or so now still have all the batteries in decent working condition from my DeWalt 20 volt upgrades
Have you tried the adapters you can buy so you can use the newer batteries on your old tools? I got one for my son, amazing what a new style battery will do in the older style circular saw. Below is an example of one.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #15,513  
I bought this Vulcan 215 Migmax welder in February for $680.00 and change with coupons. It is a darn nice welder for the money and hobby use.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #15,514  
Have you tried the adapters you can buy so you can use the newer batteries on your old tools? I got one for my son, amazing what a new style battery will do in the older style circular saw. Below is an example of one.

Yes have a few for 18 volt tools to newer 20 volt batteries earlier adapters had an issue if you didn't take the battery out it would drain the battery unsure if it's been resolved. For me anyways these days money saved and then some on one medium sized repair or project justifies my pricey tool hoarder issues lol.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #15,515  
Yeah, thought about building a jig yesterday but decided just to see how it went mostly testing the grinder. I’ll absolutely set up a jig for the next round.

Yeah, if it doesn’t come from Shoup, Messicks, or AgZaga it’s probably not going on my tractor.
No Messicks for me. Just Shoup. LIke I said, I built a jig for my surface grinder so I can hold the cutting angle exactly.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #15,516  

That is interesting in how it says not to use with a DC970. I think the 18v tool I most want to keep running is a DC970, will have to check.

The genuine Dewalt adapter is infamous for running the battery down when not in use.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #15,517  
I bought this Vulcan 215 Migmax welder in February for $680.00 and change with coupons. It is a darn nice welder for the money and hobby use.
Just sold (3 weeks ago) My Lincoln Wed Pak TIG stick machine and my Hyper Therm 65 amp plasma cutter and bought the Vulcan multi process (TIG, MIG and Stick (low hydrogen) machine and the Titanium 65 amp plasma and walked away with 300 bucks.

Not that I didn't like the Lincoln or the Hyper Therm but one of my customers stopped by and we were talking machines and he asked me if I wanted to sell any so I did and pocketed 300 bucks and got new inverter machines and the 65 amp Titanium cables right up to my plasma table as well. Now the Titanium don't have the 'Fine Cut' consumables but the cut kerf isn't any wider so I'm good with that.

I still have the Hobart MIG but that is also going down the road. I'll keep the ESAB pulsed arc MIG welder because I can do spray arc with it and it lays down a TIG looking bead which is asthetically nice and my customers like pleasing welds and so do I.

Bought the Vulcan welding cart as well, 50 bucks off with my ITC card.

Getting to be a rea HF junkie.

FYI, the Mig Max is capable of spray arc transfer as well.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #15,518  
That is interesting in how it says not to use with a DC970. I think the 18v tool I most want to keep running is a DC970, will have to check.

The genuine Dewalt adapter is infamous for running the battery down when not in use.

Yes have a few for 18 volt tools to newer 20 volt batteries earlier adapters had an issue if you didn't take the battery out it would drain the battery unsure if it's been resolved. For me anyways these days money saved and then some on one medium sized repair or project justifies my pricey tool hoarder issues lol.
I've read that too and we've just made sure the battery was removed from the adapter. Not sure about the DC970 as I just picked one that explained what I was talking about. Cheap way to use those older tools that brings new life to them.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #15,519  
this is called trusting your Harbor Freight jack.
actually...there are other air jacks really doing the lifting
but a good ad for HF...

BIL and his son installing new HD rear sway bar on my motorhome.
we used the hydraulic leveling jacks to help get us up higher.
I would have been happier with belt, suspenders and two jackstands...
but it wasn't my head going under there

1692477434343.jpeg

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #15,520  
Not sure about long term quality, but the $9.99 pickle fork bailed me out over the last week. Had a ball joint that would Not hammer out. My old pickle fork really wasn't wedge shaped, and just used leverage to separate. That did nothing, 5# sledge just mushroomed bolt, and the 6 ft heavy pipe bar just slipped. $10, and some aggressive tapping, and it popped right off. For something that I Hopefully won't use any time soon again, I'm happy.
Screenshot_20230819_173322_Chrome.jpg