Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #15,531  
We got the Bauer 4 in x 36in belt with 6 in disc sander back in the spring. Works great and super useful de-burring metal and other sanding duties.

I'm not sure why you would need to tilt the belt section though.
Makes it nice to fold down and stick it on the shelf.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #15,532  
Makes it nice to fold down and stick it on the shelf.
I don't see much need for anything but the down position. I didn't realize the belt sander part tilted until I dug up the HP link to it. Now that I know maybe I'll have a use for it up at some point.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #15,533  
Buyer beware:

Did anyone else get HF's August 24 email?

xxx, We've Missed You – Here’s Your 25% off Coupon​

"now through Thursday August 31."

And no tools excluded!

I got to the register today and the large barcode had disappeared from that email. Maybe there were too many used to buy $1k welders or something. Later online via PC, I confirmed the barcode is gone.

I persuaded the clerk the email was legitimate but without the barcode to scan she couldn't do anything. I said I know (bluffing) you always have coupons under the counter for cases like this, and you can see the From/To shows I received it from HF.

Finally a manager did an override and I got the Bauer $20 electric screwdriver for $15. Comparing it to similar Ryobi, Wen etc, it has more torque at a lower price.

I thought Some Assembly Required only meant the tools .....

-------
UPDATE

Stranger and stranger! Now, an hour later, the actual coupon with barcode shows in my phone (mobile version of the email) but the PC (desktop) version of the same email is still missing that coupon. and the banner 'Because we missed you' is a different color between the mobile and desktop versions. Whatever ....

Last edited:
   / Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #15,535  
Buyer beware:

xxx, We've Missed You – Here’s Your 25% off Coupon​

"now through Thursday August 31."

And no tools excluded!

I got to the register today and the large barcode had disappeared from that email. Maybe there were too many used to buy $1k welders or something. Later online via PC, I confirmed the barcode is gone.

I persuaded the clerk the email was legitimate but without the barcode to scan she couldn't do anything. I said I know (bluffing) you always have coupons under the counter for cases like this, and you can see the From/To shows I received it from HF.

Finally a manager did an override and I got the Bauer $20 electric screwdriver for $15. Comparing it to similar Ryobi, Wen etc, it has more torque at a lower price.

I thought Some Assembly Required only meant the tools .....

-------
UPDATE

Stranger and stranger! Now, an hour later, the actual coupon with barcode shows in my phone (mobile version of the email) but the PC (desktop) version of the same email is still missing that coupon. and the banner 'Because we missed you' is a different color between the mobile and desktop versions. Whatever ....
Apparently if you dont use it, they'll send another one every month until you do.. At least they do me.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #15,536  
Buyer beware:

I got one that day and multiple days after not to miss the sidewalk sale. No percent off coupons though. The sidewalk sale was not impressive even after 3 or 4 reminder emails. SPAM.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #15,537  
What happened to HF's yellow funnel tray? They are ideal for pouring random parts out of a jar when searching for a 'I knew I had one - somewhere'.

The funnel is what makes this worthwhile, for reloading the parts into the jar.

511IBjNkVML._AC_SS450_.jpg

Not found at HF, and none on Amazon, except for third-party with substantial shipping cost.

Any ideas for an alternative?