Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #15,721  
So the Gen 3 US General upper chest that I recently bought is worse than the 5 drawer mechanic's chest that I bought 4 or 5 years ago. The latches for the drawers are terrible. They are difficult to slide and often I have to use a screw driver to help them so the drawer will open. I've been leaving the drawers slightly open so it's not an issue. On the 5 drawer mechanics cart the latches work great. On that one the finger pull for the latch is only on the left side where as this box the slide is the full length. I don't know if HF cheapened the US general line to separate it from the higher priced toolboxes? If the 56" roller is as bad I'll probably just remove the latches and use the key to keep them from opening when needed. Other than that the box is pretty nice. I would have rather had a few more drawers that aren't as deep but otherwise it's good.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #15,722  
Harbor Freight Hardy leather welding gloves, 3-pack for $14.99. Terrible welding gloves, but they are really good for clearing brush when handling things with thorns like hedge trees, wild rose bushes/vines, locust trees, etc.

I also really like the Hardy "Performance Work Gloves" for $5.49/pair. They are like a cheapo version of Mechanix gloves for 1/3 the price. Not as good as the Mechanix gloves, but good enough to save your hands when doing things like tree work, metal working, etc.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #15,723  
Anyone that uses the Bauer 20V tools and uses a Dremel on occasion do yourself a favor and get the Bauer flex shaft rotary tool that takes the 20V batteries, it's fantastic... way more torque than a Dremel and the flex shaft is like 30% more flexible...

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #15,724  
One thing about farm auctions and that is, the people selling the junk, all think it's gold. It ain't.
I quit going to farm auctions. The last one I went to, I'd intended to buy the pallet of 400 T posts. When the bid got to more than it would cost to buy them new at Tractor Supply, I decided it wasn't worth going to any more auctions. And that didn't include the buyer's premium of 10%. I've got an ag exemption so what I buy from TS is free of sales tax.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #15,725  
I quit going to farm auctions. The last one I went to, I'd intended to buy the pallet of 400 T posts. When the bid got to more than it would cost to buy them new at Tractor Supply, I decided it wasn't worth going to any more auctions. And that didn't include the buyer's premium of 10%. I've got an ag exemption so what I buy from TS is free of sales tax.
In TN t-posts are considered a real estate upgrade and not an ag expense for the sales tax exemption.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #15,726  
A lot of different grades and specs for simple T posts.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #15,727  
I have been very satisfied with the Doyle brand hand tools. I have been trying to buy a new one every time they run some kind of sale.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #15,728  
Until lately I have been impressed with HF tools. It seemed like they had turned a corner and were starting to make a real push towards being a retailer of good tools. Some are but then you come across some that just are terrible. For example I bought a 10" tile saw almost 2 decades ago, Chicago Electric I believe. The saw has been great. I've lent it out dozens of times. Now that I'm older I thought I would get the folding stand for it to help make moving it easier. It's the Diamondback folding stand. The only problem is it only folds as long as no saw is mounted in it. Exactly who thought making a lightweight stand fold (other than to fit in the box) was a wise idea?

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #15,729  
I like their aluminum frame floor jacks. I use one quite often on car repairs, lifting it in and out of my work van is A LOT easier than a steel frame floor jack! They hold up pretty well under daily use, I can pick it up and move it with one hand if needed. My first one lasted quite a few years, I am on my second one now, not sure how long I have had it, but I would guess over four years.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #15,730  
Does anyone know if HF cordless tools can use a Dewalt battery? The connections look similar. I never remember to take a Dewalt battery in the see if they would work.