hard starting 2535

/ hard starting 2535 #1  

Huckster

Bronze Member
I am having a problem getting my 2535 to start after its been sitting for a while. It turns over, blows lots of white smoke but it takes about 4-5 miinutes before it fires. When it does start, it clears right out. It seems like its a fuel issue but I bleed it and it appeared that it was primed. I did replace the fuel filter and assembly this summer but after priming it, it started just fine. I dont think its a cold temp issue because it was doing it when it was 60 here in Dec. It does eventually start and runs fine. When its been running it starts fine. Any help or suggestions would be great because its hard for me to get it to the local dealer, 60 miles away. The tractor has 280hrs on it.

Thanks in advance for the help.

/ hard starting 2535 #2  
White smoke makes me think it is getting fuel. I know they did have a problem on some other models where the fuel would drain back into the tank after sitting for long periods and would take about 30 seconds of cranking, the fix was a check valve. First off if you haven't already I would check air filter. Did it crank as long when it is warmer? I would also check glow plugs..... or glow plug timer.

/ hard starting 2535 #3  
White smokes and hard starting = glow plug system

/ hard starting 2535
Thanks, how hard/costly is it to replace the glow plug system? Is it something that I can try to do myself?

/ hard starting 2535 #5  
Huckster,

If you would like you can call us at our shop tomorrow and I can walk you threw it.
Rick
(570)689-7494

/ hard starting 2535 #6  
Glow plug relay inside the dash board, back of the firewall, I have had to replace 1 already
Ernie Imports

/ hard starting 2535
Is there anyway to tell if its the relay or the glow plugs before buying any parts?

/ hard starting 2535 #8  
Huckster said:
Is there anyway to tell if its the relay or the glow plugs before buying any parts?
I am presentlly looking for after fit glow plugs for my 2003, 2535. branson gave me part # HK15170000A4. The price is $39..00 each ! I cannot find an after fit USA. I am still looking because the above price is simply too much. I have found that my hard starting problem is because two of the three plugs are not heating at all. After finding that two of the three plugs are not heating, I decided just to replace all three --- when i find an after fit with a much better price. I wonder if any one knows what would fit my tractor and post a cross reference number such as Champion or any american made plug?
tom

I forgot to say that the way i checked my plugs was to connect each directly across the battery terminal. If they don't get red hot there, you have a problem.