Hardee 66" Offset Rotary Cutter

/ Hardee 66" Offset Rotary Cutter #1  

CaverDave

Tractor
BobCat ProCat 52, 1950 Ford 8N
Will be picking up this fine survivor tomorrow as well. Fortunately, the tag lead me to it being a Hardee and their "Parts Department", Mr. Harry Prince supplied the rest!

1974 Hardee T 166 LTO

Plan is for a good pressure washing (once 60* sunny days are the norm), straightening a few bar in the press, disassemble/clean/R&R the driveline & clutch. Hoping the gearbox ain't soupy/rusted mess (since Harry said the gears are now un-obtainable). Bearings in tailwheel are shot, but appears to be sound. Will add (either purchase or fab) new chain curtain for the front... undecided about the back, thoughts?

Hoping it won't be too much for the 8N for spring/fall mowing of 8-10 acres and some trail grooming (mostly laurel & other saplings)?

20210221_135245.jpg
20210221_135232.jpg

/ Hardee 66" Offset Rotary Cutter #2  
I have seen pictures of these before and they have been call “odd-set” mowers. However I have never understood how the gear box wad to be operate in the side mounted frame.
The frame for the 2 potential 3ph mounts would interfere with the PTO shaft. Not to mention the drove angle would be quite acute most likely leading to binding and damage.