Has anybody seen one of these?

/ Has anybody seen one of these? #1  

porkchop401

This is a ford 10-289 disc tiller. After selling my Yanmar 226 and buying a tafey di35 I needed more of a plow than the single bottom 14" turning plow i had behind 226. The ground i am breaking has not been broken in a few years and I am preparing for a spring plant. This thing is like a mold board plow in that it is a one and done. One pas with a few inches of sod. Adjusting this thing is a learning curve. Also made between 57 to 62 , 30 inch cut with 26 inch blades originally (24.25" now) any knowledge or experience with one of these is appreciated.

Attachments

• 20221120_102227.jpg
    20221120_102227.jpg
    5.6 MB · Views: 207
  • 20221120_102141.jpg
    20221120_102141.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 214
  • 20221120_102124.jpg
    20221120_102124.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 214
   / Has anybody seen one of these? #2  
Just keep adjusting them like a moldboard plow you'll get it right.. and keep those bearings well greased. The disc that are behind one another will sometimes throw dirt forward and land right on the bearing housing.

Had a 2 row set of Dearborn long time ago.. used them to break the new ground for the garden area. And another 1 acre place I own.. they'll slice through some fairly big diameter roots once they sharpen up..

/ Has anybody seen one of these? #3  
Personally I like the disc plows better than the mold boards, pull easier and can cut through about anything. As advised keep it greased.

/ Has anybody seen one of these?
This plow turns 30" a pass whitch is like a pair 15" moldboards. It does pull a bit easier I think . I'm currently turning about 6" deep bit it will go up to the spools in loose or soft ground.i have see the ones with individual axlesand 2 or 3 blades but never one wit all blades of the same axle.

/ Has anybody seen one of these? #5  
They have less drag than a moldboard plow and that is why they pull easier as the
tractor pulls the discs forward it exposes a new sharp edge to slice through the sod
or tilled ground tearing at it and lifting it at the same time.
Some manufacturers of Disc Plows have models that are operated using the power
take off of the mule pulling it. There were a bunch of these disc plow videos on youtube.

/ Has anybody seen one of these? #6  
This is a ford 10-289 disc tiller. After selling my Yanmar 226 and buying a tafey di35 I needed more of a plow than the single bottom 14" turning plow i had behind 226. The ground i am breaking has not been broken in a few years and I am preparing for a spring plant. This thing is like a mold board plow in that it is a one and done. One pas with a few inches of sod. Adjusting this thing is a learning curve. Also made between 57 to 62 , 30 inch cut with 26 inch blades originally (24.25" now) any knowledge or experience with one of these is appreciated.
That’s a good garden plow, years ago, neighbor truck farmer used same plow for 40 acres of vegetable crops.
He would pick the best to sell, then in early spring start plowing his drier ground first for early crops. He always left crop residue till spring and he covered it up with it.
He also built and maintained a terrace system with it. He knew how to set it just right as his tillage tractor was a 9N and he planted/cultivated with a Farmall A, manual lift one row.