Tires Has anyone added turf tires to a 4x20??

/ Has anyone added turf tires to a 4x20?? #1  

jgrreed

Platinum Member
Tractor
JD 4720
Hi Guys,

Have any of you bought a new set of R3's for your 4x20? I have recently moved to an acreage with a nice, fairly soft, lawn. My R1's are leaving lug marks and I need to use my 4720 to aerate, fertilize, etc. I'm planning on swapping the R3's out for my R1's in the winter.

I just finished 3 very frustrating phone calls with tire shops. They aren't able to help me a whole lot due to size confusion.

If any of you have purchased new rims & R3 tires, do you mind passing on what sizes and brands you used??

Thanks,

-Jeremy.

/ Has anyone added turf tires to a 4x20?? #3  
I did the opposite.. bought new rims and tires - R1's - to switch out my turfs. The turfs were the 44's as on the 4000 series. After much wrangling and Internet shopping - I bought from my local JD dealer.

Paid list from the JD configurator but no shipping costs.

It was the quickest and easiest (likely less expensive in the long run) and I didn't have to worry about buying "sight unseen" from Craigslist, etc.

Best of luck.

AKfish

/ Has anyone added turf tires to a 4x20??
I did the opposite.. bought new rims and tires - R1's - to switch out my turfs. The turfs were the 44's as on the 4000 series. After much wrangling and Internet shopping - I bought from my local JD dealer.

Paid list from the JD configurator but no shipping costs.

It was the quickest and easiest (likely less expensive in the long run) and I didn't have to worry about buying "sight unseen" from Craigslist, etc.

Best of luck.

AKfish

Thanks AK, that's the kind of advice I need. The JD prices are outrageous, but one's time and frustration are worth something as well.

Do you still use your turf?? If not, wanna sell 'em??

Cheers,

-Jeremy.

/ Has anyone added turf tires to a 4x20?? #5  
Thanks AK, that's the kind of advice I need. The JD prices are outrageous, but one's time and frustration are worth something as well.

Do you still use your turf?? If not, wanna sell 'em??

Cheers,

-Jeremy.

Sorry, I already sold 'em...

AKfish