Has anyone purchased a downloadable shop manual??

/ Has anyone purchased a downloadable shop manual?? #1  

motownbrowne

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota mx4700 HST, New Holland TC-29D
Specifically this one:
https://www.tradebit.com/filedetail.php/32049933-new-holland-tc29-tc29d-tractor-service-repair

The price is right compared to a print or CD version. I'd likely either print out sections that I need as I'm working on something, or take the whole file to our local college print-shop. They do very cheap printing, so hopefully the 600 pages of printing would add less than $20.

Anyway, I'm mostly wondering if anyone has done business here before, and if it's a reputable place to buy a manual.

Thanks,
Ryan

/ Has anyone purchased a downloadable shop manual?? #2  
I did, not from that site. Printed pages are illegible. I'd ask them about that before buying.

/ Has anyone purchased a downloadable shop manual?? #3  
Ryan,
I, also, have seen several sites where I could purchase "shop manuals" for most all of my vehicles - tractor, motorcycle, jeep etc. Both dealerships - Kubota & BMW have warned that what you may purchase from an internet site may not be the latest version of their manual. Plus the BMW M/C dealership indicated that if I purchase the shop manual DVD from them I would also get all future updates free.

Its hard to tell if they are trying to get you to purchase from them or are just blowing smoke. I think if I were to do work on any of my vehicles I would purchase a manual directly from the dealership. Just MHO.

/ Has anyone purchased a downloadable shop manual??
Thanks for the quick responses, you guys! Yeah, I'd like to get one from the dealership except that it's gonna be $200 plus shipping (when did they start charging shipping to get something from the warehouse to the dealership?).

Here's another option I'm considering:

http://m.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=T...tc29d+service+manual&sqp=tc29d+service+manual

Looks like either a print or CD for under $90. Seller ratings look good but... They ship from Poland and Lithuania respectively. I wish I knew if they were for sure legitimate, but I'd feel much better spending $90 than $200+.

Whaddya think, am I being silly trying to get one for less than the dealer wants? Should I just pony up the cash for the for sure thing?

/ Has anyone purchased a downloadable shop manual?? #5  
I haven't purchased from that particular site, but I currently have 3 (2 John Deere and 1 Kubota) purchased off ebay and they're great. If I need a particular reference, I just print off a few pages and take them to the barn as a guide.

Mine are actual John Deere/Kubota manuals and cost me approx $40 each as opposed to the $200 plus that the dealers want. Of course the dealer is going to tell you if you don't buy from him you'll get junk. It doesn't take a genius to figure out he'd rather have your money than you spending it elsewhere.

I would have no problem buying the manuals from a dealer if the prices were reasonable, but $200 plus for about $10 worth of paper and ink, I don't think so. You don't even get the binder it goes into. That'll cost you another $20.

Sorry for the rant, but the cost of shop manuals has been a sore spot with me for some time now.

/ Has anyone purchased a downloadable shop manual??
Yeah, $200 is just ridiculous in my opinion. For some reason, $100 sounds fine to me, but $200 feels way out of line. I suppose you'd only have to use it a couple of times to make it worth it's price, but still. I bought this tractor used for $5500. A $200 manual is 3.6% of my purchase price.:shocked:

/ Has anyone purchased a downloadable shop manual?? #7  
I got one (from that company) and I couldn't make out any detail on most of the pictures. I think they are like the ebay for manuals, don't actually sell them themselves. The good news is after I contacted them about it Tradebit refunded my money, but I never actually heard back from the people who actually had the listing for it. Tells me they were well aware that the quality was suspect.

/ Has anyone purchased a downloadable shop manual?? #8  
I believe I purchased one for my Kubota from them a couple of years ago. It was a large file download and I still use it today. Mine is perfectly legible and appears to be like the original manual. Seems like $50 +/- is about right.

Good luck.

Regards,

Clay

/ Has anyone purchased a downloadable shop manual?? #9  
Specifically this one:
https://www.tradebit.com/filedetail.php/32049933-new-holland-tc29-tc29d-tractor-service-repair

The price is right compared to a print or CD version. I'd likely either print out sections that I need as I'm working on something, or take the whole file to our local college print-shop. They do very cheap printing, so hopefully the 600 pages of printing would add less than $20.

Anyway, I'm mostly wondering if anyone has done business here before, and if it's a reputable place to buy a manual.

Thanks,
Ryan

Check eBay. I've bought a dozen or more tractor operator, service and parts manuals on CD. Just make sure the CD contains copies of genuine manufacturer's manuals, not copies of I&T manuals (which are edited manufacturer's manuals).

Good luck

/ Has anyone purchased a downloadable shop manual?? #10  
Not a tractor manual, but i bought a cd version for my 2001 ford ranger. Last OS it ran on was window 95, i haven't figured out how to get into it on window 10 yet. It was pretty handy though.