Has anyone run the new bobcat t740?

/ Has anyone run the new bobcat t740? #11  
I have not asked for a demo. I get that the hydraulics drive the tracks but the hydraulics can't put out more power than the engine gives the hyd pump? I currently own four tracked machines of various sizes and none of them will lose traction before running out of power in normal conditions.

/ Has anyone run the new bobcat t740? #12  
I have not asked for a demo. I get that the hydraulics drive the tracks but the hydraulics can't put out more power than the engine gives the hyd pump? I currently own four tracked machines of various sizes and none of them will lose traction before running out of power in normal conditions.
Thats the purpose of the "power management" feature. Have your dealer show it to you and try it. You will be impressed.:thumbsup:

/ Has anyone run the new bobcat t740? #13  
Oops! Bobcats website shows the t750 at 85 hp. I mistakenly typed 81 hp. So the t740 uses only a catalytic converter? Are emissions standards less stringent at 74 hp? It would seem the 3.4 would have a longer service life than the 2.3, 74 hp engine in the t650.

Why in the heck would ANYONE buy a new machine of any kind, when you can buy a nice, low-hour used one and save $15000-$20000? That just doesn't make any sense at all.

/ Has anyone run the new bobcat t740? #14  
Why in the heck would ANYONE buy a new machine of any kind, when you can buy a nice, low-hour used one and save $15000-$20000? That just doesn't make any sense at all.

Yes the 74 HP is due to a EPS cutoff. 75 hp and up requires more emissions. I passed on it and got a 100hp machine because I was concerned about the the low HP to machine weight ratio. I love my 100hp machine and at times push it to the max. Not sure if 74 hp would cut the mustard in a machine that heavy.

As to buying new it all depends on what you doing. In my opinion most skid steers get the snot beat out of them with a handful of employees operating them. When you buy used many times you are buying someone else problem that was getting worn out out and causing too much down time or repair costs. Not always the case but many times it is. If you can find a cherry one great but a lot of used ones on the market are rode hard and put up wet. People don't get rid of them until they have a reason to. I bought new and while I paid more than used I am happy with it and am glad to be covered under warranty should anything happen. The machine makes money for me so I don't mind the additional cost. Downtime is more costly.

/ Has anyone run the new bobcat t740? #15  
the price difference just get a 750, more common model and better chances to get high hours no issue?

plus if your grading or anything that will draw a lot of horsepower the extra is always a better idea for you $

just my thought *dealer here*