Hats work!!

/ Hats work!! #1  

ChuckinNH

Elite Member, R.I.P.
Tractor
(B2620, had BX22) Simplicity Legacy w/48" mmm
The local Massey dealer was having an open house so I picked up a new hat for my neighbor. He has an old Massey ( 1950's). He has also been having a gentle conversation with his wife of more than 50 years about the possibility of a new tractor....... not that I have aided, or encouraged that conversation in any way. He has used my little Kubota on several occassions, and really likes the power steering, etc. This morning he stopped by to see if there was anything he could do to help me out ( I was in the hospital for a bit yesterday), and to tell me that he had a shiny new Massey parked in his shed. I casually mentioned that I had that large compost pile that could be turned, but I was a little tender to be doing stuff on my tractor today. Plenty of operating room, and nothing there to hurt a new tractor. Sure enough, a few minutes later the shiny Massey (1529 with SS QH loader bucket) was headed for my pile. I had to go out, and get the full tour, of course. He is such a good neighbor, and has worked so hard all his life (73) that I'm delighted that he has this new tool to "work" with. See, no telling what you can accomplish with a new hat. :D :D :D

/ Hats work!! #2  
Speedy recovery to you Chuck.

Yep,new hat or even fresh bake cookies one can get heck of deal. ;)

/ Hats work!!
And I guess sometimes when you have the hat, you just have to have a tractor that matches! My sister gave me a JD coffee cup, and I'm still trying to figure out how to deal with that......... I could get a new mower.......

/ Hats work!! #4  
What a great story. It's great to see someone in their later years go out and get themselves something nice. Neighbors like that are a blessing.

Recover quickly!