Haul Yanmar Home Safely

/ Haul Yanmar Home Safely #11  
Sounds like more work to remove the mat each time, but seems like it would be better for the trailer's longevity not to cut the mats. Your call. Congrats on deciding to go that route.....it really is much safer. Now get at least two good chains and binders.

/ Haul Yanmar Home Safely #12  
where are you located ?How far to go to pick up tractor ?

/ Haul Yanmar Home Safely
I'm in the FL panhandle and will drive to Fredericks - about 4 hours.

/ Haul Yanmar Home Safely #14  
That's where I bought mine. Great folkes to deal / do business with. He (Tom ) will let you drive the tractor around the place to get use to it & goes over everything with you so , that you know what controls what.

Are you sure it's not about 6 hrs for you ? Seems it was about 2.5 hrs for me.

/ Haul Yanmar Home Safely #15  
Prior to modifying your trailer, maybe it would be prudent to contact that reputable dealer that you are planning to buy from in order to get his input. Explain your situation exactly. You could email him some photos of your trailer and ask for suggestions on properly securing the load -- what modifications will be required for safe transport with your current trailer. A reputable dealer or any reputable seller would not permit you to load anything if he felt there may be a safety risk. NEVER cut corners when safety is concerned. It's just not worth the risk! It's impossible to turn back the clock even just one second! Good luck.

/ Haul Yanmar Home Safely #16  
You are probably right. I was going by what my friends and I do. Since we don't do it professionally, we probably overkill things. I know MDOT has stopped trucks near here for being overweight, and the fines were pretty steep.

/ Haul Yanmar Home Safely #17  
70 chain and binders = piece of mind and makes your neighbors happy, like me:) I use chain on my 2000BD, straps in addition to the required number of chains. My property I use it on has several wash boarded roads which vibrate the daylights out of you.

LMTC, that binder you are talking about, that is the kind with the handle in the middle that ratchet right? I need to get a couple of new binders and don't want to get something that is being phased out.

Jerry

/ Haul Yanmar Home Safely #18  
If you do a google search for "trailer parts" you will find all kinds of tie down hardware. There are some really nice tie down points that fold down and lie flush with the floor. You want to be sure that your tie down points will handle the load. Looked like many of the ones I saw were rated for 6000 pounds which should be plenty. I would want at least 4. One at each corner of the tractor. Get grade 70 transport chain and ratchet binders. I had 4 - 1/4inch 7 foot chains cut. The 1/4 inch chain and binders are just about as expensive as the more common 5/16 but a little easier to handle. My tractor is under 1600 pounds so I could go with lighter chain. Basically you feel comfortable if one chain can handle the whole load of the tractor. You will feel better if you know your rig is safe. I wish I had tie down points on the tractor too otherwise you have to pad the chain to protect the paint.

Chris

/ Haul Yanmar Home Safely #19  
I have a set of these and they are great if mounted properly
Jim

/ Haul Yanmar Home Safely #20  
You can rent a U-Haul car trailer for really cheap - last one I rented for a 4 hour tow was about $60 - and not mess up your horse trailer. All the tie down points are already there, just take your chains and load binders with you and you're good to go.

Just another thought............