Hauling the Bota

/ Hauling the Bota #1  

Firefighter Kubota

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota 7510
Looking for some input from those who use a dump trailer to haul thier bota.

I just sold my 16' flat bed and replaced it with a Holmes 6 x 12 dump trailer.

I haul my 7510 regularly in the winter for snow removal. I use the bucket and the rear blade.

Obviously there was no problem fitting my tractor on the equipment trailer, and although it fits in the dump trailer, something has to hang over...

I have barn doors that when open dont' lay back against the trailer side dlat due to the wheel fenders.

When loaded forward I use to lay the bucket flat on the bed, this method allows me to bind the tractor down easily to the front of the trailer using the front tractor guard. Thgis is how the dealer does it. Ther is no movement of the tractor.

With the new trailer the blade sticks out 10" forcing the gates to be "bungeed together"

I can roll the bucket over the front of the trailer, but then I need front and rear binders and there could be forward /backward movement. ANd I KNOW I'll forget its there and back up into it when backing a tight corner.

I can back into the trailer, but sets the center of gravity off, although on this traile, most load is over the wheels, but reduces tongue weight.

Any thoughts..

Yeah I know I need pictures, I actualy test loaded it today, had the camera in my pocket and forgot to snap them. Was unloaded and away when I rememebered. :rolleyes:

Any thoughts

More pics to come..

Attachments

• Picture 082.jpg
    Picture 082.jpg
    195.2 KB · Views: 417
  • Picture 089.jpg
    Picture 089.jpg
    366.3 KB · Views: 518
   / Hauling the Bota #2  
I'll let someone else give you Hauling advice. I happens to know the Holmes and those trailers are made about 30 minutes away. Small world.

/ Hauling the Bota #3  
WIll the load balance with the bucket in the trailer? I would not want to haul my 7500 on any less than 18' with the loader and back blade to allow for positioning. I also will not haul with only one end chained down. It looks like your rear gates are removable, if so I would do that and chain both ends if it balances properly with the loader in the trailer.

/ Hauling the Bota #4  
I thought about this some and I am not sure if you have a quick hitch or not or a set of Pat's....

But what about dropping the blade off the back, and strapping it in the bucket...

That would save me about 24 inches on the back of my little blade...

just a thought..

Later,
J

/ Hauling the Bota
I thought about this some and I am not sure if you have a quick hitch or not or a set of Pat's....

But what about dropping the blade off the back, and strapping it in the bucket...

I could drop the blade, but would rather not have to do all the monkeying around.

/ Hauling the Bota
WIll the load balance with the bucket in the trailer? I would not want to haul my 7500 on any less than 18' with the loader and back blade to allow for positioning. I also will not haul with only one end chained down. It looks like your rear gates are removable, if so I would do that and chain both ends if it balances properly with the loader in the trailer.

No back hoe so not a problem, Balances fine forward, and realistically probably not too far out of balance when loaded backwards too.

I'll have to look tomorrow, but I don't think the gates are removable.

I use a 5000# load strap, that I inspect regularly, so not really concerned about using a single binder, this is a 15 minute trip. Any longer I do use 2 binders, one each end.

/ Hauling the Bota #7  
Good thing your not in Missouri. DOT requires tie downs on all 4 corners, plus one on any attachments. Still possiable to use less, but if your stopped a hefty fine will follow.:eek: Your gonna enjoy the dump trailer. My Father-in-law has a 14' gooseneck dump trailer that I love to use! :D

/ Hauling the Bota #8  
Ditto on the 4 binders here in NY. I find it hard to believe NH allows one or two binders. I use 4 binders and chains on my BX2200! I used straps before and got home only to find one wheel hanging off the trailer. Even in that dump trailer I would be binding that tractor front and back. Maybe back it into the trailer and hang your bucket rolled down out over the rear gates.

Do yourself a favor...get some binder chains before your Kubota passes you on the highway!

/ Hauling the Bota
Ditto on the 4 binders here in NY. I find it hard to believe NH allows one or two binders. I use 4 binders and chains on my BX2200! I used straps before and got home only to find one wheel hanging off the trailer. Even in that dump trailer I would be binding that tractor front and back. Maybe back it into the trailer and hang your bucket rolled down out over the rear gates.

Do yourself a favor...get some binder chains before your Kubota passes you on the highway!

Then your straps were loose or worn.. Also going from dry to wet, straps will stretch.

I got chains and binders, Straps are faster, lighter and easier.

Use to work marine construction, hauling pilings, 30 ton crane, 4000# pile driver, lumber etc..And all this on a barge that moves more directions than you could imagine.....I know how to bind.

A Single 3500# (BS of 10,000#) ratchet strap in good condition is more than enough to hold a tractor weighing less than 1500# (Like I said also, this is just running up the road to do another prpoerty, For long trips I use 2 straps.

Here is the Maine / NH Dot specs
Machines weighing less than 10000 lbs. need 2 5/16" grade 70 chains or more.

Remember this commercial application. The average citizen can prety much do waht they want "Unless" something bad happens..then...

Never lost a load yet and I'm not about to...the point was, I am looking for a convienent way to actually load the tractor with out parts hanging out, or trailer gates unlatched

/ Hauling the Bota #10  
Whew! Sounds like you do know what you're doing. Glad you replied.

You're dealing with a larger tractor than I have so it's tough to give a suggestion on hauling in the dump trailer. Binding the blade to your bucket might be the best solution even though it's somewhat of a pain to remove it and put it back on. That dump trailer is probably the best new "attachment" you can get for your tractor. Top of my wish list.