Hauling wood, no tractor required

/ Hauling wood, no tractor required #1  

varmint

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota B8200, then a Kubota L3130 HST, now a Kubota L3400 HST
Our Russian friend is in the Northern woods there, and just posted this photo. Looks like it works. 11025793_10204034411476186_698159538408438685_n[1].jpg

/ Hauling wood, no tractor required #3  
While peaceful that looks like a lot of work - getting the logs in place and strapping them down. Much easier to sit on a tractor.

/ Hauling wood, no tractor required #4  
See what you can do with ONE hp!! lol

SR

/ Hauling wood, no tractor required #5  
Very nice, thanks for the picture.

/ Hauling wood, no tractor required #6  
I wonder how he loaded those logs?

/ Hauling wood, no tractor required #7  
My neighbour has about 3-4 acres. He still does this type of thing with his horse. He also has a couple of other attachments, like a plow for the garden, hay rakes etc.

There is a funny side to this too. I also have small area back behind my place that borders his pasture. When I take anything back there, like a dolly full of scrap for burning the horse looks at me as if to wonder why I am taking his work away.

/ Hauling wood, no tractor required #8  
Man does that look cold. I also hope they don't have many down hill runs, as it is very tough on the horse. We all talk about loads pushing our tractor around.

To load they probably used side ramps and log owls to roll the log up and on the cradle. Note the cradle is notched to keep the logs in place. Still one heck of amount of weight to be moving by hand.

If you do a search online you can find clips of how they logged by hand with horses way back when in Oregon and Washington state. Makes you wonder how they did it and survived. I know a lot did not.

/ Hauling wood, no tractor required #9  
That looks like a horse tractor to me.:laughing: