Have STEINER, Will Travel

/ Have STEINER, Will Travel #11  
When in doubt on the ramp capacity, a short piece of wood bracing it at 1/2 span may of make the difference.

I remember my gound-keeper days with a Stiener. Going down hill with a heavy mower on front that when lifted, the back tires would lift instead of the mower....turns out you can't steer an articulated machine worth a dang with only one axle on the ground (go figure!)....you just slide forward in the seat and had to make sure you didn't get pinched between the front and back section when it turned in the air.
I guess it could of used the suitcase weights you have.

/ Have STEINER, Will Travel
Yeah. You do not want to raise a heavy implement going down a hill without weight on the back. Or even forget to have it in float, as it's pretty much the same thing.

/ Have STEINER, Will Travel #13  
On most PowerTracs, the seat is on the front half, not the rear half. So the operator doesn't get flung around when the back half tries to pass you, and you can't get pinched if you keep your feet in the foot wells. The seat can tip forward, though, and then you get the steering wheel in your belly. But if you drop the FEL load, the rear sets down, and you can steer again. And you always have brakes with even just one wheel on the ground. Just let off the pedal.

/ Have STEINER, Will Travel #14  
OK, now it makes more sense how those ramps folded. Seeing the pictures with the rear wheels still on the tailgate made me wonder how the ramps couldn't support half the Steiner weight at that point. But now understanding it would have been just before that point, while leaning downhill, the weight was probably lifted off the rear and full onto the front wheels that were directly over the hinges on the ramps.

I can't honestly remember if I was loading or unloading. I'm kind of thinking loading, because somehow I remember, I had to scrap my mission, which I guess was a good thing, because I would have had no resources at the other end to deal with this.

/ Have STEINER, Will Travel #16  
Adjustments.JPG
Here’s mine lol I didn’t use a ramp backed up to a dirt pile, check out my bent down tailgate

I can't really tell about the talegate. Not meaning to nitpick. No one bothers you about the SMV on the highway?

/ Have STEINER, Will Travel #18  
Not mine but thought you guys would enjoy the pictures. This is owned by a University I work at for a short time.. Just took notice that's a Ventrac.

2017-10-04_12-50-16_849.jpg

2017-10-04_12-50-30_317.jpg

/ Have STEINER, Will Travel #19  
I can't really tell about the talegate. Not meaning to nitpick. No one bothers you about the SMV on the highway?

I sold that truck 2 yrs ago .... and never been bothered about the placard , I never put it in the bed of that truck again , it’s usually on one of my 3 trailers , ones enclosed so you don’t see it.

I notice the Ventrac has two sets of remotes out front. Nice.