Have trailer prices started to drop in your area?

/ Have trailer prices started to drop in your area? #1  

newbury

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota's - B7610, M4700
And if so, what is your area?
I've an 18' equipment hauler rated at 12K and a 14' enclosed rated at 10K but am looking for something I can tow with my Escape, and specs say
Ford Escape can reach a maximum towing capacity of 3,500 pounds
and that's my weight limit.
Before the C19 steel and trailer prices were low.
Then steel and trailer prices skyrocketed.
Now steel prices are back down near 2018 levels ( chart ) and I'm seeing a bunch of PREOWNED 2021 trailers on the local CL, but still for moderately jacked up prices.

/ Have trailer prices started to drop in your area? #2  
I don't know if the prices have dropped but every lot is full and even some with trailers stacked with no tires one on top of the other , whereas up until about 6 months ago they were virtually empty, this is in North Florida.

/ Have trailer prices started to drop in your area? #3  
Inflation is causing the price increase for the most part. Could have fooled me on the price of steel too.

/ Have trailer prices started to drop in your area? #4  
Not sure as few trailer dealers in the metro region.

Maybe 20 years ago a guy I know had a deck over trailer he used for hay for the wife's horses.

He said if he didn't have horses he would sell it to me for $400... twenty years ago.

He called last night and said no more horses and the trailer is mine for $400.

I don't have a use for it but thinking I should just pick it up... plus he just out two new tires on it last year.

8'x20' if I remember correctly with brakes on at least one axle... it's been so long...

/ Have trailer prices started to drop in your area? #5  
Wait about 6 more months, after the food shortage and crazy food prices hit and interest rates are 8%. You‘ll be able to buy anything you want cheap (if it’s available). People won’t have any income left for anything other than housing, food and fuel.

Last edited:
   / Have trailer prices started to drop in your area? #6  
I think it's now or or never on this one... 88 years old and sold the place moving into town and wrapping things up.

Maybe buy and resell?

At least trailers in my state have 5 year tag for $18... only break we get

/ Have trailer prices started to drop in your area? #7  
I store my 10 year old 30' trailer inside so it's almost like new. If he took care of it like that I would grab it.

/ Have trailer prices started to drop in your area? #8  
It's under cover but always loaded with hay... not a closed barn but more like an equipment shed...

I was just surprised to get a call as the last time I was at his place was for a visit a few years back after he had a hospital stay.

We all get old... he was the kind of guy that always had what he needed and very active... now it's time to downsize...

/ Have trailer prices started to drop in your area? #9  
I havent seen prices start to drop yet.

Been looking since right around the time c19 hit for a new trailer.

Watched the prices for what I want go from $6000-$8000 range up to $10,000-$13000 for the same trailers.

And guys that have 5-6 year old trailers in average condition for the age are wanting new price.

Needless to say I am still without a new trailer yet. Keep waiting on the market to bust. If material cost is back down thats good. They gonna keep making and selling at higher prices until they cant. Then they will start lowering prices to start moving volume again... Might take a few months or a few years. But over the last year or two.....hardly any "equipment" type trailers setting on lots. Pandemic had "Everyone" with a "truck" buying a trailer to start their own business. Landscape, construction, hot-shot, etc. But I am seeing more and more trailers on lots now.....Supply and demand. There was short supply and high demand. Now the demand is lessening, supply increasing, and material cost coming down......sounds to me like reducing prices in the near future

/ Have trailer prices started to drop in your area? #10  
I think it's now or or never on this one... 88 years old and sold the place moving into town and wrapping things up.

Maybe buy and resell?

At least trailers in my state have 5 year tag for $18... only break we get
Lifetime trailer tags here (or until the plate corrodes away), which ever happens....