Have trailer prices started to drop in your area?

/ Have trailer prices started to drop in your area? #31  
4 years ago I bought a new 6.5x12' utility trailer, single axle, ramp gate, for $1,295. Today that trailer is selling for $1,500 used and over $2,000 new.

2 years ago I bought a new 8.5x24' enclosed car trailer, tandem axle, ramp door, for $7,700. Today that trailer is selling for around $11,000 new and I sold mine used several months back for $9,500.

It's absolutely nuts.

I really really really want a 16' long enclosed trailer but I'm going to wait until next summer because I figure that we'll be deep in a recession by then and prices will come down a lot.

/ Have trailer prices started to drop in your area? #32  
In the last 2 weeks I was in the market for a 10k-14k equipment trailer. I scoured the used market within 3hrs drive and prob contacted no less than 25 people selling trailers that would work for me. I came to the conclusion that there one of two things. Junk or overpriced, some times both. I dont mind bent ramps, mashed up fenders, scratched paint or rotted tires. How ever I wont pay $1500 less than new for a 20yr old trailer on mobile home axles. One trailer I looked at needed $1500 in parts alone but that dosnt include all the rust repair needed either.

I ended up putting s down payment on getting a new trailer built. Should be ready for pickup in 5 weeks and actualy cost less than some used ones. I'm buying it directly from the manufacturer so no dealer costs.

Appalachian trailer out of PA. There prices are right on there website, built in OH and actualy awnser the phone.

Exactly what I ran into months ago. I was able to order exactly what I wanted and they even did a few custom things for me.
I ordered 8k axles (17,600 GVWR), expanded metal on ramps and dovetail, underslung toolbox, LED light bar, Mounts on trailing edge for micro rollers.

/ Have trailer prices started to drop in your area? #33  
I have an Appalachian trailer. It’s a 2005 dump trailer. Crudely built but tough as nails. Good luck with your new trailer.

/ Have trailer prices started to drop in your area? #34  
I have an Appalachian trailer. It’s a 2005 dump trailer. Crudely built but tough as nails. Good luck with your new trailer.

I have a 2020, 20’ Appalachian tilt deck, very happy with it.

/ Have trailer prices started to drop in your area? #35  

I have a 2020, 20’ Appalachian tilt deck, very happy with it.

/ Have trailer prices started to drop in your area? #36  
This might be a good buy, $3500. '06 Trail Max, 16' tilt deck, torsion axles. No mention of GVW but their website don't show anything less than 14k. Not a fan of surge brakes but....

2006 trail max 16' tilt bed trailer - general for sale - by owner

1662294932530.png

/ Have trailer prices started to drop in your area? #37  
trailer prices coming down here and lots to choose from new and especially used... looks like a buyers market.
Sold my big Terex skiploader yesterday. Offer up said over 200 viewers in one day which netted 1 caller who came and bought it.
Signs of a weakening economy.

/ Have trailer prices started to drop in your area? #38  
This might be a good buy, $3500. '06 Trail Max, 16' tilt deck, torsion axles. No mention of GVW but their website don't show anything less than 14k. Not a fan of surge brakes but....

2006 trail max 16' tilt bed trailer - general for sale - by owner

View attachment 760927
They conveniently don't show the wheels to count the lugs.

I'm guessing it's a 7k or 10k. I have never seen a 14k tongue that light.

Surge brakes suck. And someone spend more money hicking up the jack by putting a junk one on the side rather than rebuild the good jack, which isn't expensive. But wod be now because the lower drop -foot part is missing.

"Good deal" is relative though. New 16' tilts are $6000. And to make that back to "new" condition would take more than $2500.

But if you want an old rusty ugly trailer that is function and want to deal with surge brakes.....then yea....you can save $2500 and have a ugly functional trailer