Have You Ever Weighed Your Truck?

/ Have You Ever Weighed Your Truck?
I would think that the longer wheel base and having the heavy engine weight further from the back end would make that less likely to happen. The "moment arm" is weight vs. distance and the distance is longer on a 4 door.

Ken

Agreed.

/ Have You Ever Weighed Your Truck? #52  
I would think that the longer wheel base and having the heavy engine weight further from the back end would make that less likely to happen. The "moment arm" is weight vs. distance and the distance is longer on a 4 door.

Ken

I would think this extra weight would reduce the pay load you could haul in the bed also.

/ Have You Ever Weighed Your Truck? #53  
I think you lose about 300# of payload with a quad cab over regular

As far as raising the front end, I could only see that happening if you forget to open the tailgate or load is stuck to the bed. As the bed starts to rise you start dumping payload - by the time its at its highest point, its empty.

I have seen it happen though - boss' son always forgot to open the tailgate - had the big loaders push his front end back down all the time. Almost had it happen to me once - load of mud that froze overnight - enough came out to keep the front end from rising- but had to climb up the bed with a pick to knock it loose hoping I didn't go down with the load. And I didn't want to risk the truck by trying to lower it and having that weight slamming back down if I released the hyd pressure to fast