Hay Making on a Different Scale

/ Hay Making on a Different Scale
First of the dry hay is down. Going to be a wet start to the season.
IMG_3596.jpeg
IMG_3595.jpeg
IMG_3602.jpeg
IMG_3611.jpeg
IMG_3602.jpeg

/ Hay Making on a Different Scale #82  
I have a handle on that. I don't do pictures but mine is as thick as yours is. I ran the wide thin kit on mine however. Looks like about 9 days good.

/ Hay Making on a Different Scale #83  
Whenever I see that moisture on my tires from the ground being saturated, I automatically know it's gonna take a couple of extra days for me to get it dry enough to bale.
And it drizzled most of yesterday. and mostly cloudy today with possible drizzle. Both of which I expected based on what I am seeing. Wednesday and Thursday is good. Has to be off Thursday as of now. Rain on Friday. we will see.

Can the ECM even be believed? This would be an incredible haying window. Give it a couple days and see if the GFS falls in line.

1718093406654.png
1718093433615.png

Hard to believe Friday will be dry with higher rates of precipitable water

1718093808003.png

Last edited:
   / Hay Making on a Different Scale #86  
And it drizzled most of yesterday. and mostly cloudy today with possible drizzle. Both of which I expected based on what I am seeing. Wednesday and Thursday is good. Has to be off Thursday as of now. Rain on Friday. we will see.
I have had those kind of weeks even up to the point of within just a few hours I would have it but then a drizzle and it's over but I've got my fingers crossed for you hoping for the best. Charlie.

/ Hay Making on a Different Scale #87  
Relative moisture what the Delmhorst checks. It checks the RM of the hay as it feeds into the pickup table. I have 3 slipper sensors, One on each side of the pickup and one in the center and it averages all of them continuously.

Of course none of it is germane presently as we just had another gully washer an hour ago.
Thanks

/ Hay Making on a Different Scale #88  
We have clear weather this week and rising temps. Starting to drop a lot of hay now.
Some really nice organic hay in this field. Should bring $200+/ton in big bales.

Can you spot the deer????

1718106915070.jpeg

Better agreement. Liking total precip amounts.

1718115927924.png
1718115936311.png

Drone view of the 11 acres for dry

1718118047287.jpeg