Haying 2005 - 2nd member using a Kubota L5030

/ Haying 2005 - 2nd member using a Kubota L5030 #1  

slowzuki

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota L5030 HSTC, MF 5455, Kubota M120, Allis Chalmers 7010
Well, starting cutting this years first cut. We are late as I was gone out west for 2 weeks right when haying started.

Well, I hooked the NH489 up to the Kubota L5030 and...

It worked great! The hydrostatic is great and the tractor drags around the 9 ft mower like it isn't even there!

http://www.tractorbynet.com/photos/data/529/8627DSC09155a-med.JPG

Scared a fawn out of this field, missed it by maybe 5 feet with the mower.
http://www.tractorbynet.com/photos/data/529/8627DSC09158a-med.JPG

Only mishap /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif was turning too tight in transport mode and tearing half a lug off my 50 hr old R-4's. The jack caught hard. Oh well /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif
http://www.tractorbynet.com/photos/data/529/8627DSC09160a.JPG

/ Haying 2005 - 2nd member using a Kubota L5030 #2  
Nice.

I have been eye-balling that big 'bota for my place. Along with some other goodies for starting up the hay operations.

Are you a one-man operation? How's that baler feel behind your new 'bota?

-Mike Z. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Haying 2005 - 2nd member using a Kubota L5030 #3  
So hot and dry here...thinking aboput mounting a sickle cutter bar on the front of the hay roller........

Ben

/ Haying 2005 - 2nd member using a Kubota L5030
We have a pretty inefficient operation. We are picking up from a farmer who had a lot of labour available.

Mowing - 9 ft NH489 Haybine (shared with neighbour), soon to add a 7 ft haybine of our own

Tedder - 9 ft 2 basket, neighbours hired hand destroyed it last year. We are now using their 12 ft 4 basket Kuhn (Deutz-Fahr labelled) A 2 basket PZ haybob style one is on the way this weekend.

Rake - Shared belt rake 9 ft wide Farandose brand. The haybob is a convertible rake tedder so it will do us from now on.

Baler - JD 336 square baler dropping on the ground, pickup to truck or wagons.

Barn - set up for conveyors to up high and manual stacking.

I'd like to make a couple of changes. This year I'd like to drop on a towed wagon. Eventually I'd like to get a drag type accumulator and grab and a few flat racks.

If we had taller buildings that equipment could go in I would look at bale wagons.

/ Haying 2005 - 2nd member using a Kubota L5030
Played around a bit last night, baled up 78 bales for fun. 53 went to a neighbour at 2.75 per bale and the rest were our haying partners/neighbours as their other barn was out of hay. They just needed a few to tie them over.

The 9' haybine is in getting a new conditioning roller installed, hoping that will cure all the troubles we had last year with wrapping. Should cut our drying times down too as the top roller is plain steel at the moment.