headligths wont work

/ headligths wont work #1  

DannyD

Veteran Member
Tractor
BX 23
I changed the oil in my bx2200 and now the headlights wont come on. I have checked back as far as I can on the wiring, and found nothing out of the norm.

also, which one of the terminals under the seat is for auxillary items. I want to use my sprayer (fimco) but dont want to get off and on. Is this terminal tied to a light switch that could be used to turn on and off the sprayer /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Is there such a thing as a schematic for this tractors electrical system? I dont seem to have one in my books, anyone found one on the net

/ headligths wont work #2  
I'm sure you'll be able to view your tractor's electrical schematic at your dealer's. That will be a good time to ask one of the service technicians what could have happened.
However, since it's Sunday, you cannot do that today...so I suggest you check your fuses (I should hope that's shown in your manual) first. If all OK, then trace the wiring back from the headlamps first...don't forget any ground wires (probably the problem, BTW). If you can't find anything there, it might be the headlamp switch. Does that switch operate any other lights (flashers, for example?). Do all other lights operated by the switch work properly?

/ headligths wont work #3  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Is there such a thing as a schematic for this tractors electrical system? I dont seem to have one in my books, anyone found one on the net )</font>

Yes, it is the workshop manual. This along with the parts manual are
useful references if you paln to do any 'editing' on your machine.

/ headligths wont work
fuse ok, traced back as far as I can (flexi conduit) and this switch works only the headlights

/ headligths wont work #5  
Those switches aren't the best in the world. Check to see if you your wire coming in to the switch is hot. With the switch turned on see if the other wire out is hot. Use a test light. If hot going in but not out switch is bad.

/ headligths wont work #6  
Did you change the filter???.......maybe while "pulling" on the wiring harness to remove the filter you pulled on a connection there????? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ headligths wont work
thanks guys, dont know why, dont care, but they work now. they will sometimes not come on as soon as the switch is toggled but they do come on.

anyone know about that harness in the back under the seat

/ headligths wont work #8  
"they will sometimes not come on as soon as the switch is toggled but they do come on."

Sounds like you may have a loose wire or ground. It's likely all the jiggling around under the hood and other areas may have jostled it back into position. The lights coming on now may only be a temporary thing though.
I suggest you still check out that switch and any other connections you find with the test lamp. Also, look for any wires that lead to ground...a little corrosion or slightly loose grounds can be a very exasperating and intermittent problem.

/ headligths wont work #9  
There have been several posts on this -- try a search for ROPS lights or work lights.