Heads Up Hunters

/ Heads Up Hunters #2  
About 25-30 years ago some guy's were hunting Canadian geese out side of Ft Collins,Colorado. One of them shot one, and one guy said he would catch it. If I remember right he didn't live to tell about. Kind of like .. Hold my beer and watch this.

CWB.

/ Heads Up Hunters #3  
I was catfishing one mid May night on a jon-boat on the Lake of the Ozarks, 8 miles up stream from Bagnell Dam. The river/lake is about a mile wide there. We kept hearing a loud whoosh going from left to right and seemingly very close. Finally, we turned off the boat lights to look around with a flashlight. The whooshing sound we heard was geese coming in for a landing about 50 yards away.

We hightailed it out of there before they knocked one of us out of the boat.

/ Heads Up Hunters #4  
Three years ago the duck & goose hunters on my big lake got so looped that by quitting time there were three wounded birds left out there. One died - drifted in to shore and the coyotes got him. The other two stayed about three weeks - recovering - and then headed south.

You know all is well when there is a long trail of Johnny Walker Red bottles floating down the lake.

Last edited:
   / Heads Up Hunters #5  
Three years ago the duck & goose hunters on my big lake got so looped that by quitting time there were three wounded birds left out there. One died - drifted in to shore and the coyotes got him. The other two stayed about three weeks - recovering - and then headed south.

You know all is well when there is a long trail of Johnny Walker Red bottles floating down the lake.

That is disgusting...

/ Heads Up Hunters #6  

That is disgusting. I’ve found tree stands and blinds on my property, and noticed a lot of McDonald’s wrappers laying around. Some folks are just slobs.

/ Heads Up Hunters #7  
Summer campers are the same here and the rivers have what we call 'bush rosettes' floating down, very second hand scrunched up toilet paper, I avoid those areas over the holiday seasons.
It is tempting to gather it all up and dump it in their cars while they are asleep in the tents but I really don't want to touch it.
The duck hunters are generally quite clean and responsible, the anti shooting protesters are the grotty ones.