Heart Attack, or so I thought

/ Heart Attack, or so I thought #1  

jimmyj

Elite Member
Tractor
Allis Chalmers 616 (Two) and a Kioti CK30 HST with loader and backhoe
For the last month or two I have been having ongoing chest pains. They are usually in my upper left chest and also in my left arm. I have been under a lot of pressure at work and years ago I had the same thing but the doctor said it was stress related.

Anyhow, it was getting worse and worse and I started to feel them continuously with a week long headache, shortness of breath, elevated blood pressure and nasuea. That was enough so I went to the hospital.

Long story short, my heart and blood are as healthy as a horse. Boy was I releived. The doc said I was exhausted and needed some time off. I talked to my boss and I took two weeks vacation. Feeling better after about 4 days of not working (except the crackberry from time to time).

This AM i read Robert in NY's post about losing 4 friends, wow, life is too short everyone, this scare is a lesson to me! I thought I would share it with others who are probably in the same boat.

/ Heart Attack, or so I thought #2  
Jimmy,

Good to hear that it wasn't nothing worse!- It's great to hear that your heart is healthy!:thumbsup:

I'm glad you shared this.:)

Take care and enjoy your vacation!

Paul

/ Heart Attack, or so I thought #4  
For the last month or two I have been having ongoing chest pains. They are usually in my upper left chest and also in my left arm. I have been under a lot of pressure at work and years ago I had the same thing but the doctor said it was stress related.

Anyhow, it was getting worse and worse and I started to feel them continuously with a week long headache, shortness of breath, elevated blood pressure and nasuea. That was enough so I went to the hospital.

Long story short, my heart and blood are as healthy as a horse. Boy was I releived. The doc said I was exhausted and needed some time off. I talked to my boss and I took two weeks vacation. Feeling better after about 4 days of not working (except the crackberry from time to time).

This AM i read Robert in NY's post about losing 4 friends, wow, life is too short everyone, this scare is a lesson to me! I thought I would share it with others who are probably in the same boat.
It's times like this that make you realize what's important and what is trivial in life .
I know that i've experenced it several times in the past 5 years.

/ Heart Attack, or so I thought #5  
40 and sit at a desk and in car 11 hours a day, started to get palpatations, stress test and echocardiogram later, no problems found.

yes that stuff is scary

/ Heart Attack, or so I thought #6  
Hey there jimmy,...sorry to hear the scary part but oh so happy to hear you are okay!! WOW,...that stress stuff is not good. Causes all kinds of problems,..so do what you have to to get rid of the things that cause stress in your life.

I know that is not always easy, but work at it, its worth it,...get rid of it!!

Stress is what kills! Sorry to be so blunt jimmy but it is so very important. Take advantage of your time off to get a handle on it. God Bless you jimmy!!

CHEERS!
. . tug

PS: Take Note: ~~"IF WORRY WON'T HELP,....DON'T!!!~ /Arthur Slaght

/ Heart Attack, or so I thought #7  
Glad your okay Jimmy.
Life scare can give one different out look..wake up call if you will,from that point on life can have whole new meaning.

/ Heart Attack, or so I thought #8  
Also glad to hear your o.k. jimmy. Stress levels on the job these days have definitely gone through the roof, and with todays communication technology they make it hard to truly get away from your work. I suggest you go the extra step and put that Blackberry away as well. Relax and enjoy yourself for a couple weeks, the job will be there when you get back. I'm sure your family wants you to be around for awhile.

Take care of yourself:)

Mark

/ Heart Attack, or so I thought #9  
While you're off work for a couple of weeks it's a good time to 'plan forward' and think about what you're going to do to manage the stress levels and ways to de-stress on a daily basis from here on out. Spend some time searching on the WWW for helpful/healthful ideas to relieve stress.

Don

/ Heart Attack, or so I thought #10  
Jim, I'm glad you've taken some time off to relax. I was lucky in that when my job's stesses rose to unbearable levels, I could just walk away and retire. Now, I think I've gone the other way where my life is too easy.;) Fat and lazy are two adjectives that fit all too well.:laughing:

As suggested, I hope you'll continue to get tested and make sure this is all a false alarm. You're too nice of a guy to have to put up with the hassles of cardiopulmonary problems at your age. Prevention is not only the best, it's also the easiest. Rehab is never fun.