Heater Controls DK 45 SE HST

/ Heater Controls DK 45 SE HST #1  

dourobob

Platinum Member
Tractor
Wheel Horse 522xi
I will readily admit to not always being the sharpest knife in the drawer but this issue has confused me.

Perhaps it is a translation issue :laughing:

In my DK45 SE cab, contrary to the instructions in the manual, I get heat when I turn the knob "COUNTER CLOCKWISE" and I get cold when I turn the knob "CLOCKWISE".

I have re-read this part several times but, because I am colour-perception-challenged (the PC term for colour blind :laughing:) I never really paid much attention to the colour references on that page.

I just thought something was backwards and I was getting heat when I asked for cold and visa-versa.

Now the mechanic tells me that RED means HOT and BLUE means COLD.

I was easier for me with clockwise and counterclockwise but now I at least know that the heater switch is working correctly.

Just wondered if anyone else noticed this.

Bob

Attachments

• Heater controls2.jpg
    Heater controls2.jpg
    554.1 KB · Views: 194
   / Heater Controls DK 45 SE HST #2  
Hey Durobob,

I think that manual has it Correct.. The images is of coarse in black and white ... but I think it's pretty uniform to have the Red(hotter) to the right (clockwise) for more heat. Can you send a color pic of the knob?

Now of coarse ... they may be considering looking at the knob from the BACK of the dash.... Or maybe in the southern hemisphere of the earth?? <hehehe>...

PS: If you have problems with the blue... you may be a special type of Color defficent person called a Tritan (Tritanomaly) don't see many of them.

Tritanopia ? Blue-Yellow Color Blindness

Last edited:
   / Heater Controls DK 45 SE HST #3  
I will readily admit to not always being the sharpest knife in the drawer but this issue has confused me.

Perhaps it is a translation issue :laughing:

In my DK45 SE cab, contrary to the instructions in the manual, I get heat when I turn the knob "COUNTER CLOCKWISE" and I get cold when I turn the knob "CLOCKWISE".

I have re-read this part several times but, because I am colour-perception-challenged (the PC term for colour blind :laughing:) I never really paid much attention to the colour references on that page.

I just thought something was backwards and I was getting heat when I asked for cold and visa-versa.

i have a dk45se hst, and i have to turn my knob all the way to the left (counterclockwise) to increase the heat, just like the picture on the faceplate shows. if i turn the knob clockwise it gets cooler. but it seams that the tractor is working correctly...unless your in Australia ....and backwards LOL.. oh, by the way. the manual is WRONG/... page 4-48 states you turn the knob clockwise for heat...it should have said counterclockwise. the label on the tractor has red on left and blue on right for you color-blinded people.

Attachments

• _MG_4831.jpg
    _MG_4831.jpg
    795.5 KB · Views: 214
  • heat.jpg
    heat.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 191
   / Heater Controls DK 45 SE HST
oh, by the way. the manual is WRONG/... page 4-48 states you turn the knob clockwise for heat...it should have said counterclockwise. the label on the tractor has red on left and blue on right for you color-blinded people.

So, I am not losing it here :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing: