heaters for block / hydro

/ heaters for block / hydro #1  

tc35dforme

Platinum Member
Tractor
TC35D/16LA
Well, its finally cooling down a bit and it looks like my garage may not happen until next summer. So .... I'm thinking about block heat and hydro sump heat for my TC35D. I'm in central New England and we do get below zero.

Does New Holland have OEM heaters ???

Any links to other options ??

Thanks in advance.

/ heaters for block / hydro #2  
tc35dforme,
I have a block heater, I don't know if it is NH or not. My dealer put it on when I got my tractor. I live in MI and we get below zero weather here also. My tractor sits in a unheated pole building where it seems to stay cold from the concrete floor. I never even remotely have had a need for it. Having said that, a brand new tractor with a brand new battery and glow plugs will probably not need it under my conditions. I got it so 2-3-4 years done the road when my battery, wiring, glow plugs, whatever, aren't perfect anymore I might need.
You can make a case for having a warm engine start, less wear from warmer oil which flows better etc. I don't see it as a bad idea no matter what.

Nick

/ heaters for block / hydro #3  
<font color=blue>Does New Holland have OEM heaters ???</font color=blue>

Not sure who made the block heater my NH dealer sold me, but if you live in an area that gets as cold as you say, I'm sure your dealer would have some in stock (NH or other brands). They aren't very expensive ($60, I believe).

John Mc

/ heaters for block / hydro #4  
Take a look here. They show ranges for different applications.
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.engineheaters.com>http://www.engineheaters.com</A>

/ heaters for block / hydro #5  
New Holland part number 86590117 heater kit should cost about 18.60 at your local NH dealer if more than that he is charging to much!

/ heaters for block / hydro
Thanks spencer200,

I was hoping NH had an OEM kit but I haven't had a chance to contact the dealer. I assume that is a block heater. Do you guys do anything to heat the hydro sump ???

/ heaters for block / hydro #7  
<font color=blue>I never even remotely have had a need for it. Having said that, a brand new tractor with a brand new battery and glow plugs will probably not need it under my conditions.
<font color=black>
I live in the snowbelt of NE Ohio, the John Deere 950 I just sold never had a problem in the ten years I used it. It was stored outside. This was a gear tractor though, I remember the hydraulics being a bit sluggish the first couple minutes, so I'm not sure how the hydro transmission will fair. The NH is stored in a non heated building. Maybe just more warm up time before using.

/ heaters for block / hydro #8  
Yes that is the block heater. We do not have a hydro heater. The hydro will be a little loud in cold weather but will work fine. The biggest thing is making sure you have a fresh fuel filter and no water in your fuel for cold weather operation. The fuel system on these tractors is very finicky when it comes to water. Just normal condensation can cause you a lot of aggravation.