Heavy duty 3pt pallet forks

/ Heavy duty 3pt pallet forks #1  

MadReferee

Elite Member, Rest in Peace
Tractor
Kubota B2710, IH TD6-62 dozer with Drott 4n1 bucket loader
Here is another of the latest creations from the shop of MadReferee. This was made for another TBN'er.

This a heavy duty pallet fork / carryall. it is designed to carry up to 1500 lbs or so and I believe that it will carry even more.

The forks and risers and top cross member are made from 2" x 3" x 3/16" rectangle tubing. The bottom cross member is 2" x 6" x 1/8" rectangle tubing. Theuentire unit weighs over 80 lbs.

Attachments

• 666815-Img_0096a.jpg
    666815-Img_0096a.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 1,336
   / Heavy duty 3pt pallet forks
Here is picture #2.

Attachments

• 666817-Img_0097a.jpg
    666817-Img_0097a.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 785
Here is picture #3.

Attachments

• 666818-Img_0098a.jpg
    666818-Img_0098a.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 651
Here is the final picture, #4.

Attachments

• 666821-Img_0096a.jpg
    666821-Img_0096a.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 596
   / Heavy duty 3pt pallet forks #5  
Mad.

Looks great - nice job !

/ Heavy duty 3pt pallet forks #6  
Mad, the forks sure look stout. Nice job. I find 3 pt pallet forks to be a great attachment and use them often. I hope the TBN member you made them for has a hydraulic top link. I used my 3pt forks several times with a regular screw type top link and while it is workable, it is far (read that FAR) from ideal. . . and now I have a TNT system!

Here's my 3 pt pallet fork system: modular pallet fork system My forks are short forks, but as I didn't have to pay for them, I was happy to get what I could get.

/ Heavy duty 3pt pallet forks #7  
Mad,

Looks very good. Nice job. Only thing I'd recommend is a coat of green paint! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Heavy duty 3pt pallet forks #8  
<font color="blue"> </font> "I hope the TBN member you made them for has a hydraulic top link."
<font color="black"> </font>

I do. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Thanks Mad - I just got the first coat of paint on.

/ Heavy duty 3pt pallet forks #9  
Sorry Steve, black will have to do. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Heavy duty 3pt pallet forks #10  
Bob,

Very nice set up. The best thing I see is you started with a set of real forklift forks. The metalurgy of real forks can't be beat. Attachments should be capable of handling more than the tractor capacity. The test is just a matter of time.

For those who are considering making a set, here is two important measurements:
1. Make the pin spacing and clearance to match a JD I-Match or Speeco quick hitch. IMO someday the world will standardize on this type of hitch. It is not yet because Some learn faster than others.

2. The lower pins should be at a heigth that is about 2-3" above the lift arm holes when the lift arms are at the lowest position. This will give you maximum lift heigth

A pallet fitted with one side is also handy addition for stacking fire wood, branches, etc. I made a slip on brush rack for my forks.

This forks set works with bobtach for the FEL and also I-Match for the 3pt.

Attachments

• 667134-KOLIBA FORKS DIAGONAL.jpg
    667134-KOLIBA FORKS DIAGONAL.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 508