Height Impact of Loading Tires

/ Height Impact of Loading Tires #11  
I don't know about liquid ballast but I can tell you that I had all tires on my Kubota B26 filled with foam last fall and I had to remove the 3/4" trim above my garage door in order to get it through the doorway.

/ Height Impact of Loading Tires #12  
You might be able to adjust the travel of your door to get a bit more height. I had to do this with my garage door when I had a fixed ROPS 790.
If it's the door's frame that's a problem...well, not much you can do about that without some work or money.

As far as your question, my tractors have had filled tires when I bought them, so I can't answer your specific question.

One thing you can do is, when you're expecting a snow fall, is back the tractor in your building. If you use your loader for snow removal, you can clear the snow as you move out of the building rather then ride over it with your rear tires (which probably wouldn't work with that 1/2" clearance).

Last edited:
   / Height Impact of Loading Tires #13  
Inflation pressure and axle loads determine the tire's loaded radius. Liquid ballast won't change either variable, but your inflation pressure must be set the same after adding liquid ballast as it was before. Foam-filling tires alters the tire's contact patch and loaded radius.

/ Height Impact of Loading Tires #14  
I installed a garage door opener to keep my door fully raised in order to confidently clear the ROPS.

/ Height Impact of Loading Tires
I installed a garage door opener to keep my door fully raised in order to confidently clear the ROPS.
And that is what the next step is! Actually to give me the 1/2" I have now I have a block of wood jammed between the door jam and the bottom of the door-that pushes the door to past the point where the cable/roller would normally hold it.

Just so you all know, I didn't have much choice here. this door is on a shed side of my barn and an 8' height was the max I could do-I guess without spending a lot more on a custom door. the attached shots shows the new header I cut in-as well as the temp extensions I added to the old barn doors while waiting for thje new door.

Thx guys for all your opinions- I think the consensus is I will be no worse with the tires in ballast.

Attachments

• IMG_0016.jpg
    IMG_0016.jpg
    505.9 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_0017.jpg
    IMG_0017.jpg
    534.3 KB · Views: 99
   / Height Impact of Loading Tires #16  
greetings my name is Mathias D.

I just discovered this website and already love it.

Nice to be here , see you soon on others forum threads ;)

I love golf , costume grande taille and old movies

welcome But you needed to start a new thread to introduce your self! Go to forum tab then down almost to the bottom of that page to 'new member intros' and the start a new post/thread!

/ Height Impact of Loading Tires #17  
Anyone have an idea on effect ballasting tires has on total height? I have 17.5L-24's on my JD 4720 and just replaced my barn doors with an OH- (didn't want to spend a half hour shoveling snow before I could get the Deere out-wasn't a problem this winter:laughing:).
In any case with the new door open, I have 1/2" clearance under door. My guess is when I load the tires, I should get a bit of sidewall defelection and if anything should pick up a bit of clearance.

Any opinions?

I have the same tires size tires on my L5740. I had mine loaded with RimGuard. 55 gal per tire with a total weight of 1298 lbs. I only run about 10 psi in my rears otherwise it's a little rough without an implement on the 3 point. I the tractor definitely didn't grow any. If anything, like you said, I think it squats a little.