Hello from EU, Latvija

/ Hello from EU, Latvija #1  

Helogabals

Gold Member
Tractor
Yanmar SA 424
Yo

I am owner of small company, located in Riga, Latvija
For those who are now wondering, where the hell is that place - it’s 100 miles from Sweden, just over Baltic Sea. And yeah, we have border with Russia and now NATO and US helps us to keep that border tight. Thank you for your service !

For the climate - it’s 57 parallel. google it ! As you can see, it is running trough Scotland and south Canada and bit of south Alaska islands too. But because of Atlantic Ocean we here don’t have very severe winters. Last time -30 C was 10 years ago :)
But still there could be quite snowy periods of time. As snow cleaning contractors are on limited supply here I have decided to get my own tractor

I just got Yanmar SA 424, right now it is still at dealer, their service guys are installing 3-rd function kit on FEL.
For implements I have FEL with bucket and forks. And on rear 3p - broom (or rotating brush), running from PTO. Aaa and “belly mower” too
Yanmar's unique FEL attachment is a bit pain. I have decided to go for very special snow blade, made in Finland. (You know, those fins now how to handle snow :)). But they was not so happy to make that blade for Yanmar.
For summer that tractor will migrate to my “rancho”. 10 Ha, mainly woods. I already there have one old Soviet times 80 Hp / 4 T piece of (shitty) cast iron there. That is ok to use in forest. Yanmar will be “assistant” in logging and “power station” for firewood processor.

p.s. I have searched in this forum for “Latvia”. Name was mentioned in relation with Wavian Jerry cans. Yeah, those cans are made here. Really good product. I am sorry for you as your retailer charge you double the price as we have here. I suppose that’s because shipping.

P.p.s. Grammar nazis are welcome. If you see any mistakes - please point at them. I don’t mind at all. :)

/ Hello from EU, Latvija #2  
Welcome...

/ Hello from EU, Latvija #3  
Welcome to TBN .......

/ Hello from EU, Latvija #4  
Great having you on the forum. Hopefully you'll post some pictures of you place and your equipment. I really enjoy seeing what it's like in other parts of the world!!!

/ Hello from EU, Latvija #5  
Welcome to TBN- Pictures when you get your tractor please.

/ Hello from EU, Latvija
Those guys have quite messy "black stock", not for customer's eyes. But I managed to slip in there :)

F195B82B-7429-4621-A2AB-7F3749490684_1_105_c.jpeg

/ Hello from EU, Latvija #7  
Nice and shiny!!!! Do they have a lot of inventory?

/ Hello from EU, Latvija #9  
Those guys are more working with industrial customers, with yellow Yanmar (construction) machines.
This one poor SA 424 they have got like by accident :)
Welcome To TBN. Tell us more about the Soviet tractor sometime. And don’t sweat the grammar, yours is likely more better than many of us so-called native English speakers. :)