HELP ! - 16LA Loader

/ HELP ! - 16LA Loader #1  

BOOMERANG

Tractor
New Holland TC40D
I have had my TC40D for nearly a year now and I finally decided to try taking off the 16LA front loader. It makes it about 100 times easier to maneuver when mowing and takes about 1000 lbs of weight off. Here is the problem though...

I followed the instructions carefully to remove the loader. But each time I do it seems to put excessive stress on the folding support bracket and actually shears off the locking pin. This has happened every time I have tried to remove it.
What am I doing wrong???

Also, I found out the hard way that if you don't relieve the hydraulic pressure on the hoses before you disconnect, they are almost impossible to get back on.

I use my loader frequently so I can't just leave it off. It sure would be nice though if I could take it off and on without screwing it up every time! Any suggestions ??

/ HELP ! - 16LA Loader #2  
Boomerang, check out the link below to a photo description of how to remove your loader. Can you take a photo of the position of your loader when the support bracket breaks bolts? There has to be something going wrong here. I've never had a similar problem with my loader. Hope this helps.

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.tractorbynet.com/cgi-bin/compact/showflat.pl?Cat=&Board=nhown&Number=137147&page=3&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=>Detach/Attach 16LA</A>

/ HELP ! - 16LA Loader
Jinman..you're a genius !! Your pictures helped me figure out what I was doing wrong ! It was photo step 7a that solved the mystery. I have been extending the loader WAY TOO FAR out when trying to remove it. From your photos it looks like you just need to extend it enough to barely lift it off the support. Thanks for the GREAT photo layout. It made it very easy to understand !!!

/ HELP ! - 16LA Loader
Here is a pic of the damage it caused.

Attachments

• 13-156034-BentBracket.jpg
    13-156034-BentBracket.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 125
   / HELP ! - 16LA Loader #5  
Ouch!/w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif I hope you don't do that again. Just remember that as the arms lift, you can pull the joystick back slightly and the adapter will push against the tractor. If the brakes are released, this will also aid in disengaging the adapter. It's not necessary most of the time, but if your loader doesn't disconnect, you can walk around front and stand on the bucket. That should be enough to pop the adapter loose. Just don't lose your "cool" and you'll soon have the procedure mastered. Good luck!