help a guy out

/ help a guy out
do these things have titles? what is required to transfer the warranty? are the max's a better tractor then the emax series?

/ help a guy out #12  
do these things have titles? what is required to transfer the warranty? are the max's a better tractor then the emax series?

In Canada tractors do have titles, in the USA...NOT!

/ help a guy out #13  

No there are no titles, the warranty stay with the tractor serial number, any dealer can look it up.

/ help a guy out
what is the typical life expectancy on these motors? 1500 3000 hours? is 400h considered brand new?

/ help a guy out #15  
Depending how they are serviced, 3,000 hrs is easily achieved.

/ help a guy out #16  
I use my Max26xl for little projects around the house, some brush hogging a few times a year, plowing snow, etc. Just normal rural living stuff, not a farm or anything. I have had mine for 4 years and average about 100 hours per year.

/ help a guy out
tmcj im looking at the max's now seem to be the same price point almost. is there anything that you had issues or concerns with? i guess a 400 hour machine is still considered new, does anything else generally give issue before the 3k hours? i don't expect that much myself maybe 50 a year. im looking at 2014 models right now, trying to decide if i care about a warranty.

im struggling because im trying to buy this thing without seeing it in person...

/ help a guy out
bump bump

/ help a guy out #19  
tmcj im looking at the max's now seem to be the same price point almost. is there anything that you had issues or concerns with? i guess a 400 hour machine is still considered new, does anything else generally give issue before the 3k hours? i don't expect that much myself maybe 50 a year. im looking at 2014 models right now, trying to decide if i care about a warranty.

im struggling because im trying to buy this thing without seeing it in person...

Listen to your struggling mind. It’s telling you no deal.

/ help a guy out #20  
Do a search on here for them. As with anything, there are some common issues. Mainly electrical issues like safety switches causing startup problems, moisture getting into the wire harness, etc. I've had those also, but they were a minor fix and it has been solid mechanically. I really can't complain otherwise. Like anything else if it is properly maintained it should be very dependable for a long time. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another Mahindra.

The biggest thing I would say is to compare the specs and options. PTO horsepower and lifting capacities for FEL and 3 pt can vary greatly over the compact models. When I was shopping, it seemed like the larger the model, they were simply built better, more like a tractor than a lawn mower. Just one example, things like the steering system and linkage was far better on the 26xl. It really is an eye opener to go to a dealer and really look over the smaller models compared to the 26xl. There are lots of significant improvements as the size increases.

Personally, I wouldn't buy anything unseen and not thoroughly gone over.