HELP! Anybody using KK 48" Tiller on a BX?

/ HELP! Anybody using KK 48" Tiller on a BX?
Re: HELP! Anybody using KK 48\" Tiller on a BX?

Mike,

Thanks for the reply. This is exactly what I wanted to hear. I am heading out to the garage to cut the shaft now, but figured I would check TBN one more time in case any other replies had come in.

That is about what I was figuring on taking off and mine came to about the 4" also when fully down.

I appreciate you taking the time to measure and post the picture. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Andybody know where this chain is supposed to go? The manual says nothing. It was wrapped around the PTO when I bought it, so I figure it is just to hold the PTO on the unit when in storage, but not sure. The one on the back drop gate is in place so it's not that one.

I don't want to miss something before running it. And I am ready to run it now /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Attachments

• 664171-MAY 2005 041 (600 x 450).jpg
    664171-MAY 2005 041 (600 x 450).jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 299
   / HELP! Anybody using KK 48" Tiller on a BX? #13  

The chains are to keep the pto safety shield from spinning with
the shaft. You just hook them on wherever it's convenient to
something that does not spin. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Make sure you pump some
grease into the safety shield nipples first so it's not running dry.
There should be a small chain on each half of the safety shield.

/ HELP! Anybody using KK 48" Tiller on a BX? #14  

oops, I didn't notice the attachment. No, if it's not the one on
the rear flap, I'd say you got some extra parts.

Thanks Mike, I wasn't sure about it, but I just tilled the garden and lost one of the clevis pins for the one on the back flap so I guess the extra chain and clevis will come in handy.

I'm glad you mentioned the grease on the shields as I didn't do that. Nothing that I saw in the manual about that either. I saw the plastic fitting that looked like zerks, but just thought humm wonder why they did that and moved on /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Guess I'll grease them now.

/ HELP! Anybody using KK 48" Tiller on a BX? #16  

Hey, you guys have helped me on numerous occasions, and I think this is actually the first time I think I helped somebody else, so YOU'RE WELCOME! I'm finally feeling like a member of this TBN community. Happy Tilling. It was fun to see the picture you posted of the KK tiller on your tractor. Looks just like mine! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ HELP! Anybody using KK 48" Tiller on a BX? #17  

Does anyone know if you need to cut off 3 5/8" from each side after you seperated the pto?

/ HELP! Anybody using KK 48" Tiller on a BX? #18  

yes, you must cut off the same length from each shaft, otherwise the longer shaft will bottom-out on the shorter one. See photo

Attachments

• 846028-tubes.jpg
    846028-tubes.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 163
   / HELP! Anybody using KK 48" Tiller on a BX? #19  

Thanks Mike!!

/ HELP! Anybody using KK 48" Tiller on a BX? #20  

for me that chain went somewhere I could not find it. my guess would be wrong.

You have the same tiller I have, NO PROBLEMS at all. In fact it does a great job of whatever I ask of it.