Help! Bobcat 225 can't even pickup a 1500lb round bale with 3 point

/ Help! Bobcat 225 can't even pickup a 1500lb round bale with 3 point
Yep, for handling round bales with regularity you're going to need at least a CT440 (41hp tractor).
Thanks! I'll tell her!

/ Help! Bobcat 225 can't even pickup a 1500lb round bale with 3 point #14  
BUY ENOUGH TRACTOR THE SECOND TIME. (Took me three (3) tractors to realize what ENOUGH TRACTOR is.)

I recommend doubling weight if making a change.

BUY ENOUGH TRACTOR THE SECOND TIME. (Took me three (3) tractors to realize what ENOUGH TRACTOR is.)

I recommend doubling weight if making a change.
Thanks! Makes sense!

/ Help! Bobcat 225 can't even pickup a 1500lb round bale with 3 point #16  
IMG_1842.JPG
This is A picture right out of my operators manual for a 2012 CT 225
Says here if you have enough front ballast or loader you should be able to lift 1508 pounds.

/ Help! Bobcat 225 can't even pickup a 1500lb round bale with 3 point #17  
IMG_1844.JPG
I would think you might be coming up a little short on the loader according to this chart. Are you sure your bail only weighs 1500 pounds. Seems like this time of year they could get pretty heavy with all the moisture

View attachment 533257
I would think you might be coming up a little short on the loader according to this chart. Are you sure your bail only weighs 1500 pounds. Seems like this time of year they could get pretty heavy with all the moisture
I'm just going by farmers word.
Actually 1 bail I was able to get off ground with front loader.
So it was lighter.
So if I fill front bucket with some super heavy weight, my chances are bigger on rear end lift?
I'm using a 55 gallon barrel filled half of concrete, then 2 10×10×12 steel weights.
Doesn't help front loader. I use to keep 4 wheel drives from SNAPPING rings, as I've read in other posts.

/ Help! Bobcat 225 can't even pickup a 1500lb round bale with 3 point #19  
We have moved ~1000# round bales with a 3 point spear on our Kubota B7500.
One trick is that you have to move the place where the vertical arms connect to the lower arms out to the farthest back hole in the lower arms.

Aaron Z

We have moved ~1000# round bales with a 3 point spear on our Kubota B7500.
One trick is that you have to move the place where the vertical arms connect to the lower arms out to the farthest back hole in the lower arms.

Aaron Z
Thank you! Good info to try.