Help! Can't get injector pump primed

/ Help! Can't get injector pump primed #1  

slowzuki

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota L5030 HSTC, MF 5455, Kubota M120, Allis Chalmers 7010
Help! Can\'t get injector pump primed

Ok our haying partners have a Case/IH 585, yesterday one of them finished tedding and noticed the tractor felt slugish so stopped it.

She asked me to take a look at it and it was out of fuel (saddle type tank with a bad transfer line so it looks 1/2 full on the filler side)

So I put some fuel in it and ended up replacing the fuel filters, blowing out the line to the tank etc to get fuel to run out the last drain.

I cracked all the lines to the injectors at the injectors and cranked away but nothing would come out! It has a Bosch pump and I don't see a priming pump lever to save cranking.

Please help!
Ken

/ Help! Can't get injector pump primed #2  
Re: Help! Can\'t get injector pump primed

"blowing out the line to the tank etc to get fuel to run out the last drain."

I'm not sure what that means and am not familiar with a Case/IH 585, but, assuming it is gravity feed from tank to injector pump, you need some way to bleed the air from the line leading down to the pump. Yanmar has 3 bleed screws to "crack" in sucession from tank to pump.

/ Help! Can't get injector pump primed #3  

I also have no experience on that exact tractor but I have ran out of fuel a few times... /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Are the fuel filters spin on? If yes, fill them with ATF and then bleed again. The thicker liquid will start the priming action quickly and it won't hurt anything...

If they are sight glass, fill them with fuel.

My yandeere has a bleed bolt/plug right on the pump...

Check the shop manual or call the dealer for instructions on bleeding.

/ Help! Can't get injector pump primed

Got it bled to the filters, had to find the bleed on the pump, turns out it is just the banjo fitting!

The blowing out the tank line is due to it being a 20 yo ag tractor, junk gets in the tank and when it is run down it gets sucked into the fuel line /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Hopefully will get it going tomorrow!
Thanks!
Ken

/ Help! Can't get injector pump primed #5  

I've had same problem. Remove shutoff valve under right saddle and flush tank with fuel. All kinds of crap will come out.

/ Help! Can't get injector pump primed

Hello, all is well and our tractor is running again. Only took 4 bleeding sessions and about a km of bump starting to prime the injector lines!

/ Help! Can't get injector pump primed #7  

I'm having the same problem on my 585 with getting my fuel system primed. So what exactly did you do. I dont get the banjo nut thing?? And I don't have fuel coming out of my fuel line that comes into the filters. I blew through mine and can hear it bubble in tank. I put on brand new filters and filled them before putting them on. I have turn motor over and cracked lines at injectors and nothing happens - Can you let me know something. Thanks !
Thanks

/ Help! Can't get injector pump primed #8  
G'day I think the banjo they are talking about is where the fuel line from the filters goes into the inj pump. You may have to crack the bolt/nut and pressurise the fuel tank slightly until you get good fuel there, from there crack you injector lines at the injector and crank it over at full throttle until you get fuel to the injector. tighten all the lines and it should start.

Jon

/ Help! Can't get injector pump primed #9  
I have tried pressurizing the tank and getting fuel to come out of the line that connects to fuel filter and never got anything. But like i said I blew through it and heard bubbles. Does the case have another pump to get fuel to the filters. Like a mechanical pump??? I never seen anything. I know it's not a gravity statement cause fuel line are to high in certain points - anyway thanks I will try again tomorrow.

/ Help! Can't get injector pump primed #10  
G'day I think the banjo they are talking about is where the fuel line from the filters goes into the inj pump. You may have to crack the bolt/nut and pressurise the fuel tank slightly until you get good fuel there, from there crack you injector lines at the injector and crank it over at full throttle until you get fuel to the injector. tighten all the lines and it should start.

Jon
Thanks for the info. Im not too good one here but I posted another question about the case prime. Don't know if you will see it.