Help detaching 200CX

/ Help detaching 200CX #1  

chipsndust

Platinum Member
Tractor
JD 1025R, Curtis cab
Has anyone detached the loader WITHOUT the bucket on it?
The manual says "Be sure loader is equipped with a materials bucket."

Here's my problem:
I have the loader and bucket detached and as far to the back of my shed as I can get it. I lack about one foot of space to be able to get my gator in the shed and close the doors. I measured and I can see that the gator would fit inside behind the loader if the bucket was not on. I don't mind leaving the bucket out all winter, but I hate to leave the loader out if I can avoid it.

Here's my plan:
I'm thinking about taking the bucket off and bolting a 2X6 across the loader arms in the bucket's place, to distribute the weight while detaching the loader. The shed has a solid, level floor, and using a 2X6 instead of the bucket will give me enough space to get the loader and the gator in for the winter.

Has anyone tried anything like this?
Do you see a problem with it?
Thanks

BTW
I did break the kick stand on the loader, less than a week after I bought it. Since then I've been very careful about detaching on solid level surface.

/ Help detaching 200CX #2  
I have never tried, seen, or heard of this being done...but the 2x6 idea is a good one and certainly worth a try. Please post how it work with pictures please.

/ Help detaching 200CX
Thanks, Kenny, I was hoping to hear from you!

I thought it would be worth a try. I hope to get to it in the next day or so, I'll let you know how it works.

/ Help detaching 200CX #4  
have taken my 200cx off many times with bucket off. no problem i have a gravel floor in shed, i just put a 2x6 down for the kickstand to slide on and never had a problem.

/ Help detaching 200CX #5  
"I have the loader and bucket detached and as far to the back of my shed as I can get it. I lack about one foot of space to be able to get my gator in the shed and close the doors. I measured and I can see that the gator would fit inside behind the loader if the bucket was not on."

I wonder if there is a way you could leave the bucket on and just jack up and block the rear of the loader frame so you would have enough room to drive the nose of the Gator under it?

/ Help detaching 200CX
have taken my 200cx off many times with bucket off. no problem i have a gravel floor in shed, i just put a 2x6 down for the kickstand to slide on and never had a problem.

Hanson:
That's good to know. Do you just lay a 2X6 on the floor between and parallel to the loader arms? Wouldn't the loader "rock" on one in the center?

/ Help detaching 200CX
I wonder if there is a way you could leave the bucket on and just jack up and block the rear of the loader frame so you would have enough room to drive the nose of the Gator under it?
Runner:
I thought about that, or, I could lift it from the rafter trusses, and then block it. Just seems easier (and probably safer) if I can avoid that.

/ Help detaching 200CX
Well, I got the loader and the gator in the shed.

I used a 2X4 (instead of 2X6) in place of the bucket. Gained less space than I thought, because the bucket holders on the ends of the arms are extended, but it was enough to get everything to fit.

Drilled holes through the 2X4, ran bolts through the 2X4, the bucket holder, and metal pieces on the back side of the holders with flat washers.
Worked really well, no problems, in fact it might even be easier, because of visibility in getting as close to the back wall as possible.

Attachments

• 2X4 in place of bucket.JPG
    2X4 in place of bucket.JPG
    88.9 KB · Views: 275
  • loader detached.JPG
    loader detached.JPG
    92.6 KB · Views: 272
  • side view.JPG
    side view.JPG
    104.9 KB · Views: 276
  • just fits!.JPG
    just fits!.JPG
    135 KB · Views: 232
   / Help detaching 200CX #9  
Interesting-but not what I had envisioned!

I was thinking the 2x4 would go on the bottom of the shoes to help support the part that would touch the floor if the shoes where vertical. You would gain at least another foot this way...

/ Help detaching 200CX #10  
ya why are you bothering with the board at all?? looks like you have a nice wood floor to set it on leave the arms vertical like kennyd said. the board is a waste of time from what i can see???? i unhook with no bucket or board on the front arms all the time...no problems.

I use a board under the park stand because i unhook on gravel floor and the park stand slides forward and backward easily on the board. heard many stories of bent parking stands on the 200cx