Help Detaching Crazy LA681 Loader on L3710

/ Help Detaching Crazy LA681 Loader on L3710 #1  

Suburban Plowboy

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L3710
I have an L3710 with an LA681 loader. I need to change the steering hoses. That means I need to get the side covers off. That means I need to take the front loader off.

I looked at videos of people showing how simple it was to take Kubota loaders off. Put two struts down, pop two pins out, detach hoses, and go. Easy! Then I looked at my tractor. It has FOUR pins to remove, and the loader incorporates a heavy guard structure in front of the grill.

My question: will those skinny little supports hold up the loader arms AND that heavy guard thing, or should I expect the arms to fall and crush me when I back out?

06 09 22 kubota FEL front pin problem 01 small.jpg

06 09 22 kubota FEL front pin problem 02 small.jpg

06 09 22 kubota FEL front pin problem 03 small.jpg

/ Help Detaching Crazy LA681 Loader on L3710 #2  
I never took the loader off of my previous L3410. The side panels pop out an inch, then are slid up and off the tractor.
Perhaps the L3710 is different?

/ Help Detaching Crazy LA681 Loader on L3710 #3  
Those "skinny" legs will support the loader. I have removed those loaders but it's been so long that I can't be much help. Just be patient and and make sure it's on solid ground. I always liked to put some type of blocking under the leg pads.

/ Help Detaching Crazy LA681 Loader on L3710
I never took the loader off of my previous L3410. The side panels pop out an inch, then are slid up and off the tractor.
Perhaps the L3710 is different?

Well, I hope you're right. I opened the panel and saw it barely moved. It never occurred to me to lift it straight up. Thank you for the info.

Those "skinny" legs will support the loader. I have removed those loaders but it's been so long that I can't be much help. Just be patient and and make sure it's on solid ground. I always liked to put some type of blocking under the leg pads.

If you're sure you removed LA681 loaders with 4 pins, I will give it a shot if I have to. Thanks.

/ Help Detaching Crazy LA681 Loader on L3710 #5  
The upper side covers slip right off by lifting up and over the FEL. The lower covers attach with 4 screws each. There should be no reason to remove the loader.

/ Help Detaching Crazy LA681 Loader on L3710 #6  
It will be much easier if you remove the loader and it's a good idea to be familiar with the process anyways. Doing things like changing the oil or battery is just easier with the loader out of the way.

Lower the storage legs and lock into position. As others said put the loader on level ground, put the bucket bottom flat on the ground. Remove and store the pins in the holders welded to the loader. Next lift the loader with the controls to clear the front tires. Shut the engine off and work the loader joystick in all directions to relieve the hydraulic pressure. If the loader drifts down too much to clear the tires restart the engine and lift it again. Turn the engine off again and relieve the pressure. Disconnect all of the hoses and back the tractor out.

When you go to replace the loader onto the tractor the couplers may not want to seat because temperature differences may increase the pressure in the closed hydraulic lines. I found the easiest remedy for this is to put a round flat pin into the female end and strike it hard with a tool or on a flat surface. Be prepared as oil will come out of the coupling and make a mess if you don't contain it with a rag. This is a common complaint and a quick search on here will yield all sorts of fixes for it.

/ Help Detaching Crazy LA681 Loader on L3710 #7  
Putting the loader back on after you've taken it off is like hooking up a trailer to the truck - it either goes on in two minutes, or it takes two hours.......

Just go slow and be patient.

/ Help Detaching Crazy LA681 Loader on L3710
Thanks for all the help. I feel stupid for not fiddling with the side panels to see if I could get them off.

This loader will not come off with the bucket flat on the ground. It has to be turned up at a pretty high angle before the rear pins loosen. I don't know how to loosen the front pins because I haven't gotten that far yet. I would imagine that reinstalling a 4-pin loader is a lot of fun.

/ Help Detaching Crazy LA681 Loader on L3710 #9  
In 25 years I've never removed the loader from my L3710. Yes the side panels simply lift off, after undoing the bottom latch.

/ Help Detaching Crazy LA681 Loader on L3710 #10  
This loader will not come off with the bucket flat on the ground.
You place the bucket flat to begin with and then curl it to loosen the tension on the pins. After the pins are out return it to the flat position.