HELP: G2460 starts to stall when hitting bumps

/ HELP: G2460 starts to stall when hitting bumps #1  

Evil the Weasel

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota B2620
I hope to soon own a compact utility tractor, but for now I have this 3 cyl 24hp Kubota G2460 that has served me well. The problem I'm having right now is that it starts to stall/sputter when bouncing over rough terrain. I have to stop and let it recover and I can smell gas during these sputtering events. They are happening more and more frequently also. My brother thinks it's the seat switch, but I have no idea. It happens whether the mower is engaged or not. Anybody have any ideas what is going wrong? I'd rather not take it to the shop because I need the machine constantly. Thanks in advance for your advice.

/ HELP: G2460 starts to stall when hitting bumps #2  
I'm with your brother. Sounds like the seat switch to me. A jumper could confirm that and keep you in business while a new switch is being ordered.

/ HELP: G2460 starts to stall when hitting bumps #3  
Rough ground will help bring water thru the system that might have been sitting in the bottom of the tank or in a filter or even in the carb!

/ HELP: G2460 starts to stall when hitting bumps #4  
I noticed the same issue on my BX if I was using the FEL without the BH attached. It ended up being the seat and me was being bounced around just enough to make the seat safety switch kick in. I wish I could disable it temporarily to avoid the problem.

/ HELP: G2460 starts to stall when hitting bumps #5  
Sounds like you need to have your seat belt fastened.
Same thing happens to me comming down a hill if I'm not belted in.

/ HELP: G2460 starts to stall when hitting bumps #6  
I defeated my seat switch. I know, I know someone here will smack for this, but the danger of stalling the engine so many times outweighs its purpose.