HELP HYDROLIC LEAK (254)

/ HELP HYDROLIC LEAK (254) #1  

jbdillon

Tractor
kubota B7500
I JUST GOT MY JINMA 254 AND HAS DEVELOPED A LARGE LEAK AT THE PUMP. LOOKS LIKE IT IS AROUND ONE OF THE 4 BOLTS WHERE THE LINE GOES IN. IS THIS AGASKET PROBLEM OR MORE? DO I NEED TO DRAIN THE FLUID BEFORE FIXING THIS PROBLEM? HAS ANYONE HAD THIS PROBLEM? ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED

/ HELP HYDROLIC LEAK (254) #2  
If you have a load on the TPH and/or a FEL in the raised position, let them down. From that point there should be no pressure on the system. No draining should be required, a bucket under the leak should suffice. First try to simply tighten down the bolts in the offending area. If/when that doesn't work, it's likely a gasket problem. You can wait days/weeks/months for a warranty replacement, or you can cut your own in minutes.

Those of course are the simple answers. If they don't provide relief, come back for more.

//greg//

/ HELP HYDROLIC LEAK (254)
thanks i replaced the rubber o rings and that didnt fix the problem. wow what a pain in the butt to work on. i called rural king and raised h ... they said they would stand behind it. they are going to refund my money until its fixed. there are so many bolts missing and stuff loose, i here people being really happy with theirs, not the case here. thanks for the advise!!!!

joe

/ HELP HYDROLIC LEAK (254) #4  
The O-rings are metric. If you found some exact fits in the spares box, ok. Otherwise sticking in something pretty close ain't gonna work very good under pressure.

I've been where you're at with Rural King. Sounds like you just need to return the tractor so they can finish what they try to pass off as "assembly and dealer prep". Take my word for it, you NEED to make two copies of the trouble list; one for them, and one to keep them honest. When they say you can come and get it, take the list. Go over each item with the mechanic till you're satisfied you can take it off the list. I also recommend you specify that tractor-related communications be conducted by email - not by phone. That way you've got a written record of what they "promise". If you're not insistent with them, you'll just keep going back for more punishment.

//greg//

/ HELP HYDROLIC LEAK (254) #5  
We stock the replacement pumps, and rebuild kits if you ever need them,hopefully they get you fixed up.The bolts in the pump were loose and that's prob. what caused the o-ring to fail,assembly and final check of all bolts is very important on these tractors

Tommy
Affordable

/ HELP HYDROLIC LEAK (254)
thanks... i checked the bolts, they were tight. i replaced the o ring. is there supposed to be a gasket too? there wasnt one.

/ HELP HYDROLIC LEAK (254) #7  
My book shows a gasket in the double pump versions, but it looks like it should fit single pump configurations too. Unfortunately, it's not identified by part number. Looks easy enough to cut by hand though. See attachment.

//greg//

Attachments

• 527010-gasket.jpg
    527010-gasket.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 114
   / HELP HYDROLIC LEAK (254) #8  
There is a large o-ring for the cover and a W shaped o-ring for the pump part,the large o-ring has prob.slipped out of its groove or has got pinched.

Tommy